6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2015 1:28 PM by chris0311 RSS

Should I be upset?

cfo314 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I am attending a conference at the Tampa Waterside and was trying to book a suite with a hotel representative via email. She outlined the various prices for the Governor, Luxury and King Suite and I selected the smallest King suite which were at negotiated rates for the conference. I then advised her of the suite prices at the Westin across the street which were much less expensive ($359 for presidential suite, 1800 SF) and asked if she could match prices for the larger suites accordingly. The representative advised she could not give me the Governor Suite for a discount but the Luxury Suite at the discounted rate. I thought she offered the middle Luxury Suite for the King Suite rate to compete with the Westin. She then advised she could not honor the King Suite Rate for the Luxury Suite, despite her previous email or the comparables at the Westin.

I am very unhappy with the experience and was looking forward to visiting the Waterside Hotel again. Should I be upset about this?

First-world problems I know, and I am just Gold at Ritz and SPG and have had better experiences from other H-chains when doing booking suites. I am considering staying across the street at the non-conference hotel for the principle of the thing.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Should I be upset?
    jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

Was there a significant time passed between emails? Im guessing if there is a conference going on then hotel would most likely be busier than normal and can sell the suite for the going price or higher instead of giving it away at a discounted price. Unless you agreed to take the offer and book when she offered it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

cfo314 Gold

just a couple hours at most

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

One thing I'm confused about. You referred to the negotiated King rate for the conference. Were you trying to get the Luxury suite at the King rate or the Luxury suite at the *negotiated* King rate? Big difference, IMO. Maybe the hotel rep and you were talking about different King rates.

cfo314 Gold

That's what she told me - she meant to offer the Luxury at the Luxury conference rate, not the Luxury at the King rate. I was asking if she would match the largest suite with Westin so I thought the Luxury at the King rate was the counteroffer. (which I accepted and then was told I was mistaken).

So, we did cross on our meanings here - I just don't feel good about the situation. I also don't know if there is a resolution here for me either except to take my business across the street. I usually have a few meetings in my suite so it would be easier to have my room at the conference hotel though.

Sorry for the rant, thanks for listening.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey cfo314, I can get you in contact with a member of the customer care team if you'd like to talk to someone about this. Just send me a private message with your Rewards number and contact information, and I'll pass it on!

chris0311 Platinum

Personally I would not get upset. If price was a factor I would not stay with Marriott. I stay with them because I can expect excellent service and beautiful properties. So it would be great if I could score a lower rate but I would not be angered if the effort failed.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...