4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2015 10:37 PM by razorbackfan RSS

Denali National Park Suggestions Needed

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We will be spending 3 days in Denali National Park this summer and are looking for suggestions on how to spend our time.  We are particularly interested in suggestions pertaining to viewing wildlife and opportunities for photos. Of course, we are also very interested in viewing Mt. McKinley, but we realize Mother Nature will determine if that happens. I have read about shuttle buses and tour buses in the park.  If you have suggestions about which are best, I am very interested in those recommendations. Did you attend any of the theatre productions available in the evening?  Do you have any restaurant suggestions?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Anchorage, Alaska, USA
  • Re: Denali National Park Suggestions Needed
    2travelforever Platinum 1 Reviews

It is very rustic in Denali. We were on a tour so we ate at our hotel or where the tour went. No recommenactions on that, sorry. But if you golf, not to be missed , golfing in Denali. The course was well maintained, average difficulty but the views were amazing. The scenery was awesome. A five star course for the senses. They also have fllightseeing to Mt Rainier. About 400.00 per person. We did not go, because we did other flightseeing in other parts of Alaska. The flights we took were well worth the price.

If you fly Alaska Airlines from Fairbanks to Anchorage, they fly over Mt Rainier. I got great pictures on that flight.  Alaska was great. Enjoy your trip.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

steve31266 Platinum

You mean they fly over Mt McKinley?  I thought Rainier is in Washington State.

2travelforever Platinum 1 Reviews

Oops!! Yes!  Mt. McKinley. Thanks for that.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I'm still looking for suggestions on travel to Denali National Park in Alaska.  I am particularly interested in hearing from Insiders who have taken the shuttle bus to Wonder Lake.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...