5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 29, 2015 12:39 PM by 2travelforever RSS

Lifetime gold and purchasing points

2travelforever Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have the nights accrued for lifetime gold.  I need more points to qualify.  If I purchased points, would that add to my lifetime points?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lifetime gold and purchasing points
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey 2travelforever! Yes, purchased points do count toward lifetime points. You can purchase up to 50,000 points in a calendar year from the Marriott Rewards website. Let me know if you have any other questions!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks for the response.  Debating buying points.  I may do it though, to build up the points to match my nights.  I have to use my business credit card, so I don't build up points charging it on my Marriott card.  I made Platinum and can get bonus points when I stay for pleasure and use my credit card.  Just wish they were cheaper to purchase.  

TThanks. One more question, can I transfer points from my husbands account and use these to add to my lifetime status?

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

1. You can buy points which do count towards your lifetime points status. Once purchasked the points credit to your account straight away but it can take a long time to see them reflected in your lifetime total.

2. You can transfer points between spouses, BUT only at the time of redeeming, and only up to the points deficit you have. So say you have 100,000 points and are intending to redeem 5 nights in London for 180,000 points and your husband has 150,000 points, he'll only be able to transfer the 80,000 points you're short. To do this you need to call the Rewards line and they will send a form, your husband authorises it and the points are then deducted from his account and credited to yours to pay for the reservation.

3. His transferred points are not added to your lifetime total.

I hope this helps...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...