10 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2016 7:23 PM by shoeman1000 RSS

Status difference

hrochas1 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Is there any different level of service between a Platinum Premier Elite and a Lifetime Platinum Elite?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Status difference
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

the only thing I think is PP get a free gift each year

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kristibgm Platinum

GREAT question!!!

Looking forward to the answers on this!!!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I believe Jerryl nailed it.  the only other possible benefit to PP over LP is that PP get's first crack at upgrade.  Not sure about that< but I have been told this is so....

cjkatl Platinum

I previously posted this on FT...

I was a LTP for a year before becoming PP, and a P for many years before that. As a P and LTP, I rarely received suite UGs at full service hotels. As a PP, I'm around 60-70% on suite UGs at full service hotels. Other than that, there is no difference. Many others report lower suite UGs, but most of my stays are one night, or at most two, which may impact my UG percentage.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Firstly, its important to realise that Marriott has 3 elite levels, starting at silver, adding benefits with gold and topping off those benefits with Platinum. Lifetime simply means the member that's stayed lots and acheived certain markers doesn't need to requalify. Lifetime platinum has the same benefits as platinum, the lifetime bit simply means the member has stayed so much they never need to stay again to retain the status (ie lifetime plats don't need to stay 75 nights each year to retain Plat). So there's no difference between Platinum and Lifetime Platinum, they're the same.

Platinum Premier is not a seperate level, rather its a title given to the top 3% of Plats as calculated by a secret Marriott matrix. Plat Premiers recive an annual gift as recognition of their "top of the top" achievement, this year a Bluetooth speaker. Some Plat Premiers report that since carrying the title their suite upgrade statistics improve, others say it means "squat". It's important to realise however that Platinum premier is NOT a seperate elite level, the top elite level is Plat, rather PP is simply recognition by Marriott of their most loyal platinum members.

kristibgm Platinum

this is the BEST explation I have read so far.  I "think" Marriott should just put "whatever" comment/label (a certain font color,ect)  on THEIR computer system-- if necessary... NOT sure why they even bother doing that "kind" of math I think it is wasted energy and they could use that time in something that is more productive that will "help" their profitts and their customers

Makes NO sense....

if it does not change my world or help me in anyway---than ... I do not  need to know about it....WWWhhhooo cares????

why did they pick-- 3% --- why not 4% or 5% OR  my favorite number 7???????

just my thoughts....

7 Platinum 1 Reviews

Ah thanks, I like you too.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Great explanation, @brightlybob, thank you for providing such a great answer! Let me know if anyone else has any questions regarding status titles!

greekbecky Platinum

Simply put, you get a little more attention like a small gift worth about $50 - $75 and a little more communication via email and/or snail mail.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

I certainly cannot quantify the relative difference between the two, but I can tell u this.  whether it is on the p[hone, checking in, or during my stays, I am often acknowledged as a PP and am afforded the most benefits possible under the corporate guidelines.  at the risk of sounding like a homer, I could not be more pleased with the attention I am afforded as a PP.  that said, I have my pet peeves just like everyone else and could ***** endlessly, but I will choose to look forward to my next upgrade instead.....

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...