17 Replies Latest reply: Feb 26, 2015 5:31 PM by cjkatl RSS

How many countries have you stayed in a Marriott

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I was reading a thread asking how many states you've been in and stayed at a Marriott. Everyone beats me because I don't travel that much domestically. But it made me wonder about the same internationally.

I won't have the most because my travel isn't all that varied. But I'll start

Thailand

Singapore

Philippines

US

S. Korea

Kuwait

Nigeria (Protea)

Indonesia

Bahrain

Germany

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How many countries have you stayed in a Marriott
    7 Gold 1 Reviews

US

Philippines

Thailand

Bangkok

China

South Korea

The Netherlands

Portugal (AC Hotel)

Spain (AC Hotel)

Will be able to add Belgium, Germany, Hungary, and the Czech Republic in the next 6 weeks or so.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I've only got a few as most of my travel is in the U.S. (I'm up to 29 states + D.C.).

So far on the international scene, I have the following list

United States

England

Canada

The other 20 or so countries I visited (before joining Marriott Rewards) might have included a Marriott stay. If so, I can't remember it.

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

In addition to numerous cities in U.S., I've stayed in Marriott properties in:

Canada

England

Ireland

Scotland

The Netherlands

Belgium

Italy

France

gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

United States

England

France

Belgium

The Netherlands

Germany

Austria

Italy

I hope to add to this list in the future.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Unfortunately I've only got a few,

• United States
    • Mexico
    • Italy
    • British Virgin Islands
    • Cayman Islands

pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

US

Canada

Japan

France

Germany

Italy

Czech Republic

Austria

(UK next month!)

I hope we hear from some of our uber travelers.

john_thai,

what are your favorite properties in Thailand and Singapore, and why?  Thanks for posting the question.

The JWM in BKK on Sukhumvit is my favorite FS property. Love the gym. Particularly the blistering hot jacuzzi. Great location. Breakfast in the CL Is outstanding. I always get upgraded to a suite.

For long stays I use the Mayfair Marriott Executive Apartments on Soi Langsuan. Walking distance from shopping, the BTS sky rail and Lumpini Park which is a great place for an early morning jog/walk.

I've also stayed at the new Marriott on Soi 57 which is OK and the Royal Garden in Pattya which is across the street from the beach.

Singapore I've only stayed at the JW on Orchard. Nothing spectacular about it. Not complaining, just average hotel.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Great thread, @john_thai! You all have some great lists full of some awesome locations! Sadly, I only have the United States on my list, which tells me I need to get my act together and start planning some trips!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Outside North America, Marriott is not omnipresent and away from the capitals it can be difficult to stay at Marriotts, though by purchases and straightforward expansion, Marriott brands are more commonly available, even so, although I've travelled much of Europe and North Africa, Marriotts spotty coverage has meant I've had to sacrifice collecting and burning MR points. It hurts, so this is the painless list.... Mmmmmm, points

Belgium

Canada

Czech Republic

Denmark

Egypt

France

Hungary

Monaco

Russia

Spain

UAE

UK

USA

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

USA

Canada

US Virgin Islands

Cayman Islands

England

Germany

China

Australia

Soon to add Portugal...possibles Chile and Malaysia

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

I'm curious, @john_thai, what was your favorite country to visit on your list?

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

US, Korea, England, Canada, France, Spain, Greece, aruba, Italy, Germany

Thailand. I met my wife here, which makes it somewhat memorable. Also loved Indonesia.

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Wow, that's so cool! I've heard great things about both countries, but haven't been to either.

franke Gold 4 Reviews

Sstayed in about nine mostly in the Caribbean . Always had a great stay.

zeeshan66 Silver 1 Reviews

Canada, USA, Trinidad

cjkatl Platinum

US

Canada

Mexico

Spain (Although it wasn't a Marriott property yet)

France

The Netherlands

Czech Republic

Hungary

Israel

Thailand

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...