7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2015 2:33 PM by ks77 RSS

BEST Upgrade Ever!  Mauna Kea Beach Hotel

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We recently reserved a room at this hotel using points.  For 35,000 points, we reserved a golf view room in the main building (the only option).  Several weeks before the highly anticipated stay, we received an upgrade to a golf view room in the main tower.  Shortly before our stay, we were upgraded to a beachfront room with a balcony on the 4th floor in the beachfront wing.  The room was absolutely gorgeous and the view was incredible.  Our arrival experience was flawless.  Everyone we came into contact with was friendly.  We did not eat at the hotel because I had read in numerous reviews how expensive all the restaurants were and many reviewers commented on how average the food was.  Reward members can choose between a $10 f/b credit or 750 points. There is no resort fee at the hotel.  There are fees for parking; however, we were not charged a fee.

I was ready to change our reservation on the last night of our stay from the Courtyard in Kona (more about this hotel and our upgrade soon) to the Mauna Kea; however, the entire property was reserved by SAP (as were many of the other upscale properties on the Big Island).

I could write a page on the amenities provided to us at this hotel, but I enjoyed being surprised when we found out about them.  If you want to know details about the amenities, please send me a direct message about anything in particular you want to know.  I will also try to post pictures of our room and view soon.

This property is on the list of hotels going up a category in the newest round of changes, so you may want to make your reservation now if you are considering this hotel in the future.

We would definitely return to this hotel and highly recommend it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Kohala Coast, Hawaii, USA Autograph Collection Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Autograph Collection
  • Re: BEST Upgrade Ever!  Mauna Kea Beach Hotel
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Great news razorbackfan. I'm eagerly anticipating my 5 night stay at this property in September. With the category change, I'm glad I booked when I did.

I can't wait to see your pictures.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

This is all great stuff, razorbackfan! So glad to hear you had a wonderful time! I would love to see some pics too!

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

That's awesome!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Thanks for the great information RBF, always like to read about someone being upgraded, even more so when it's three times before the stay!

mikebenson Platinum

I'm glad you had a good experience at the Mauna Kea.  For us, it was terrible.  Room is over the parking lot.  No upgrades for Platinum.  Just a awful.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...