6 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2015 5:37 PM by nw_in_ca RSS

Boston Hotels

beagle1 Platinum 16 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone stayed at the Courtyard downtown Boston location recently ?  We are looking at this hotel for our daughters wedding guests - just 1 of 3, and wanted to hear from loyal followers on their comments. Thank you !

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Boston, Massachusetts, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Boston Downtown
  • Re: Boston Hotels
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Congrats on your daughter's wedding, beagle1! That is very exciting . I have never been to Boston, so I don't have any personal experience with any of the hotels there, but I've pasted some previous threads where some of the other Insiders have discussed properties they enjoy. Hope these help! 

Re: Boston Marriott hotel properties, suggestions, please.

Re: Marriott properties in Boston

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

croc12 Silver

I have been to this hotel many times, but not in the last year until last night.

It's been greatly renovated--everything looks new in the rooms, beds included.  They remain small, and the smallest are really best for one person.  Closets are tiny now, but that's OK. 

Staff is top notch--very helpful.

My only complaint is that there is no more "free" coffee downstairs in the lobby.  They've added a tiny breakfast and eating restaurant and pricey morning beverages.  Seems to be a trend in quite a number of chains.  I miss the tall cups of the very good dark brewed coffee they had for years.

croc12 Silver

I have been to this hotel many times, but not in the last year until last night.

It's been greatly renovated--everything looks new in the rooms, beds included.  They remain small, and the smallest are really best for one person.  Closets are tiny now, but that's OK. 

My only complaint is that there is no more "free" coffee downstairs in the lobby.  They've added a tiny breakfast and eating restaurant and pricey morning beverages.  Seems to be a trend in quite a number of chains.  I miss the tall cups of the very good dark brewed coffee they had for years.

croc12 Silver

lweinstein Platinum 1 Reviews

II stay in Boston a couple times a month.  The Renaissance on the water is my favorite! and I think had the best staff in Boston. The Courtyard is nice, but it is in an older building so it feels small / tight.  The new Residence Inn is very nice.  If your guests are staying for a while, and space will be appreciated, I would not use the courtyard.

nw_in_ca Platinum 13 Reviews

I've stayed at the Courtyard a few times, it is cool for convenience of being able to walk to most things in Boston.  But, then again most hotels anywhere in Boston allow for walking to everything in Boston.  It is a neat old building and the small bar is fun in the evenings, with a very unusual crowd of locals.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...