6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2015 4:34 PM by sg1974 RSS

Barcelona

jgreenhill Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Previously stayed at the Renaissance Europa Fira and Airport. This time chosen the AC Suites. Any tips or advice on this hotel

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Barcelona
    7 Gold 1 Reviews

Which AC? I stayed at the AC Hotel Sants because it was right by the train station made it really convenient to get to by train from the airport and then to take the train into the city for sightseeing etc...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jgreenhill Silver

Hella. It's the AC Victoria Suites which is on the other side of Barcelona from the hotel you stayed at. There is a metro nearby which is good. I have stayed at a Marriott resorts, Renaissance and the like but never an AC so was wondering what is in the rooms etc.

7 Gold 1 Reviews

I've stayed at five AC Hotels throughout Spain and Portugal and found them to be pretty basic. Generally the furnishings have been very modern, but almost sort of minimalist. They usually have a mini fridge stocked with some drinks. Since they don't have a lounge I've been told to help myself to the mini bar (I assume because I'm Platinum) a few times, but that was definitely the exception and not the rule. The same goes for breakfast. It's usually not been included and consist of cold cuts, cheeses, bread, coffee, and cereal.

Bathrooms have sometimes had baths, but sometimes (including the one in Barcelona) were only a shower.

Overall, I've liked them. But, I don't like the inconsistency of sometimes getting breakfast or sometimes getting the minifridge etc...

One negative is that most of them have lacked wifi in the rooms. You had to go to the lobby or a certain part of the hallway or maybe sit by an open window if you were near the pool.

jgreenhill Silver

Hello 7

MAny thanks for the quick insight into AC brand.  I like Barcelona and I am out a lot of the time so really just need a base for the time I am there. Sounds like this should fit the bill. Many thanks again.

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Haven't been to Barcelona yet but did stay at the AC Receletos in Madrid twice.  Here's a link to my review and hotel room pics from both stays.  The pics will give you a feel as to what to expect.

Re: Madrid, Spain - AC Recoletos

sg1974 Gold

We stayed at the ac hotel victoria last October.

i Thought the hotel was good.

We had a spacious room on a high floor that included a balcony area.

breakfast was good with a decent choice.

location was fine, close to metro station.

overall no complaints and we are staying at the hotel again in October.

barcelona is a great city have a good time.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...