29 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2015 12:33 PM by misterchk RSS

Did anyone else receive a bluetooth speaker from Marriott this week?

chillian Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I don't get gifts from Marriott that often (ok, never) but just received a nice box with a small table top speaker. I guess this is for being a Platinum Premier.  Thank you, Marriott--it is noticed and appreciated2015-02-15 16.01.36.jpg.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Did anyone else receive a bluetooth speaker from Marriott this week?
    kristibgm Platinum

WOW-- what a COOL Surprise.  I am a PP and have not received any goodies in mail....have FUN with it

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

juiceman Platinum

Yes, I also received the bluetooth speaker. What a nice touch. The note did mention Marriott's appreciation for being a platinum premier.

rvos Platinum

I received the same, it was a nice surprise as i've never received anything like this before and is definitely associated with being a PP this year.

kg007 Platinum

I got one too... its awesome,    Thanks Marriott!!!

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

Maybe they read the topic about people not being recognized as a PP and decided to send you all that. 

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

It's nice to see a post generating some positive vibes about Marriott. They've given out Plat Premier gifts at least the last couple of years (or so I'm told).

Re: 2014 Platinum Premier Gift/Gadget

Platinum Premier Gift

Congratulations and enjoy!

dvontress Platinum

Yes I just received one.  Thanks Marriott!!

dhavens Platinum

I also received the gift the packaging was very well done

jmanrunner Platinum

I am on the road staying at a Marriott right now.  I won't find out if I have one for another couple weeks.  Send it to my hotel room please... :-)

panusr Platinum 1 Reviews

I received my speaker last week. Pretty fancy packaging as the speaker, inside the box, was wrapped in a little velvet bag. I also received the PP Elite member card, but the card does not say "lifetime' on it. I guess that the lifetime status applies only to PP and not the additional Elite membership.

nikonjava Platinum

I received this surprise gift last week. Thank you Marriott. It is a thoughtful gift!

chris0311 Platinum

Well now I don't want to see a single PP post about not being recognized

edge_of_nowhere_mn Platinum

I received the same in the mail last month.  Very nice except...  I set it up and everything worked.  It was very easy.  So easy that I did something I almost never do.  I tossed the packaging and the little instruction guide.  I'm trying to turn over a new leaf and not keep everything - just in case.  I tried to connect the thing to my laptop today via Bluetooth.  It connects but it won't play anything from the speaker.  Ah ha! I said to myself.  Its probably just the laptop.  So, I connected it to my iphone instead via Bluetooth.  No joy.  The buttons control the iphone but still no music.  other noises come out.  no music.  Hmmm...  I'll connect it using the little cable.  YAY!  music comes out but I would still like to use it with Bluetooth.  Any suggestions on where I can find the little instruction booklet for troubleshooting?

That said, thank you Marriott.  It was/is a very nice surprise.

Cheers!

Bryce_G Platinum

Just got my speaker today.  Sounds pretty good too.  Nice to be recognized like this.  I thought the portable charger was a thoughtful gift last year.  Marriott seems to be stepping up their game.  Well done!

williston Platinum

Yep I got one too in the UK. PP but certainly don't always get a gift. It's now esconsed in my daughters bedroom!!

Platinum 28 Reviews

I can sleep now - the many nights staying awake in tears after accidentally discovering that I had attained the status of Platinum Premiere. Awaiting  the letter, the phone call, the certificate, something to say "it's not a mistake guy, you made it.  You made it to the top. YOU ARE A PP!"

Then I receive a package from Marriott - WOW! a bluetooth speaker exactly like the one I bought on Amazon a few weeks ago for $15! 

What a great way to recognize those that have attained this  elite status - much better than upgrades, free parking, extra points etc etc etc. 

Thank you Marriott you guys are terrific!!!  (?????)

richie428 Platinum 2 Reviews

I received my speaker for being Platinum Premiere for another year (I think its my 4th year in a row). Oddly enough, it was delivered with $7.83 in postage due so I had to go to the Post Office to pick it up! Thanks Marriott. You think for the more than $10,000 dollars I spent at Marriott properties last year you could have assured it got delivered to me without effort.

As some others have reported, it works well with the cord attached to a device but I cannot seem to find the proper drivers on line in order to get it to work via Bluetooth. Oh well.

dcr022002 Platinum 16 Reviews

I am Lifetime PP, and no, I did not recieve one....

I am Lifetime PP, and no, I did not recieve one....

gascan328 Platinum 1 Reviews

Got mine too.  A pleasant surprise.  My thanks to Marriott!

Like I said, Lifetime PP and I never got one!!!

jmanrunner Platinum

I was bummed not to get one as I thought Platinum Premier was a special status.  Now I find there is a secret criteria for getting gifts and not all platinum premier members get the annual gift.  Phooey.  I am not interested in chasing secret treasures like a game of SuperMario.  It would have been enough if you just called me a Platinum.  Why bother with telling me I am Platinum Premier?

Platinum 28 Reviews

Received mine a few months ago when "accidentally" finding out I was a Platinum Premiere.

My first reaction was to laugh - but now it accompanies me (at the bottom of my brief case) on all trips.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...