16 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2015 9:48 AM by kristibgm RSS

Meatless Breakfast CL?

impresario07 Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

So I am staying in the Albany, NY Marriott this week (and for the next handful of weeks,) and the stay has been great, except for one thing: No meat is served with breakfast. Everything for a great breakfst sandwich is provided: bread, english muffin, bagel, eggs, cheese, but no meat?! I experienced this once before at the Portland at Sable Oaks, ME Marriott. I prefer a good breakfast sandwich in the morning over oatmeal or cereal. Some Marriotts (most notably for me, the one in Dallas City Center) offer multiple choices of meats each morning.

I understand, meat is probably the most expensive item for breakfast and everything they're providing is free so I shouldn't complain, but why is it every Residence Inn, Fairfield Inn, (or even Hampton Inn fwiw) offers meat(s) with their complimentary breakfast, but as a platinum rewards member in a conceirge lounge at a full service Marriott, I can't get bacon or sausage or ham?

My question is: Is there a way to tell which lounges provide meat with the conceirge lounge breakfast?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Albany, New York, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Albany Marriott
Dallas, Texas, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Dallas Marriott City Center
South Portland, Maine, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks
  • Re: Meatless Breakfast CL?
    superchief1 Platinum

I have never encountered this situation and hope it isn't a sign of things to come. Most Marriott CL's I visit have both bacon and sausage. I always look forward to Marriott bacon, although I make sure to also eat oatmeal for a healthy balance. I find the quality of the eggs to vary dramatically, similar to most breakfast buffets.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ndn Platinum

I'd love to see more non-pork meat.

Yes, I agree, I've seen some like this morning that are clearly actual eggs and some that are pre-formed eggs. These tend to be runny and must be a mix of egg, butter/oil, and milk. They end up being bland and crumble (difficult for my breakfast sandwiches). But this morning was nice, the eggs held their shape, just no meat to make the sandwich with. I doubt it, but maybe the hotel is recognizing Ash Wednesday and not serving meat?

30marine Gold 1 Reviews

impresario07

I have not experienced this at any Marriott Resorts

ndn Platinum

30marine, there are no CLs at any Marriott Resorts to experience.

30marine Gold 1 Reviews

ndn:

Lincolnshire Marriott Resort 3rd floor

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

I am not aware of any way to find out if a CL is meatless. I agree, it is weird they don't provide it and I agree they should. Eggs are one of my least favorite items for exactly the reason you stated. For me, runny eggs are something I don't want any part of. I am usually quite satisfied with CL and the restaurant breakfasts provided when the CL is closed. My guess is that since the Dallas property you mentioned has several meats is in Texas, and they love meat in Texas, that is the reason they offer it. IAHFLYR can probably confirm this.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Wish I could help ks77, but the only thing I can think of regarding the city to my north is that they are doing what they normally do and are attempting to show off which is exactly why I am not a fan of that place!!!

The Dallas City Center CL is phenomenal, I stayed there for 7 weeks and the staff in the lounge were excellent, on the weekend the restaurant in the lobby has an omelette chef that makes some excellent omelettes. The dinners offer a great variety and so much space (the top floor is the gym and the CL). The fajitas (every other Thursday) were better than I get at many restaurants. The desserts varied from tres leches cake to pecan pie to macaroons. Alcohol was honor bar, but had a great selection of craft beers. I am wowed to this day of that CL. Everytime I walk into a lounge like the one I am in now I think back to the "good ole days" down in Dallas and think, why can't this be all CLs?

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

I now need to fly to Dallas and stay at this property.

ndn Platinum

False; there is no good reason to go to Texas

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Really, and why not may I inquire?

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

1) This is weird.

2) Have you asked hotel management why no meat? I'd be interested in hearing their response.

Maybe they're calling it "Continental Breakfast" which is usually just juice and donuts.

kristibgm Platinum

don't ya enjoy his kind... sarcasm

takingthehighroad Member

If recollection serves, the FS Marriott's and Ren's concierge lounges only have to serve the items which make up the Healthy Start breakfast (fresh fruit, oatmeal, cereals, granola, cheese, breakfast breads, muffins, and pastries) to be compliant with MI policy.  Many CLs choose to go above that by offering eggs, many more offer started offering meats and smoked salmon several years ago when the Atkins/No Carbs diet craze was big. 

Did you ask the attendant at the Albany Marriott if meatless breakfast was the norm?

kristibgm Platinum

Thankfully... the Concierge Lounges out here (Tyson Conner, Dulles, Fair Oaks, Vienna) STILL serve the smoked salmon, capers, onions, and tomatoes...YUMMY..my favorites. And ALWAYS have bacon or sausage, as well OR they have the custom-made omelets with mulitable meat options (ham, bacon, turkey, ect).  I HOPE they do not take those away, I look forward to those when I stay at Marriott's.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...