4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2015 8:15 PM by john_thai RSS

Platinum Benefits when employer directly pays for your stay

ip241au Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

My employer pays the hotel directly for my stays throughout the world.  I do not have to use a credit card or seek reimbursement for the stay.  However, I am currently a Platinum Elite (and lifetime Gold) member and have had problems receiving the Platinum perks.  I have read the Marriott Rewards Membership information and cannot find any reference if contract rates exclude Platinum perks.  Any insight?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Benefits when employer directly pays for your stay
    vickisocal Platinum

Generally you do not receive points or nights unless you pay for the room (paying with a company card is fine as long as your name is on it)

You should however receive Platinum benefits anytime you are staying in a Marriott.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Great question, ip241au. Let me look into clarification on this for you, and I'll reach out again with what I learn.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey ip241au, Platinum members are eligible to receive any Elite benefit, except for earning points and Elite Nights, since the room is being paid for by your employer. The most popular benefit is the concierge lounge, and Platinum members have access to that regardless of how your room is paid for. Does that help answer your question? Let me know and I'm happy to do more digging if needed. 

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

Perks meaning upgrades, lounge access, etc.? Yes.

Normally you don't get nights or points.

Done exactly this many times.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...