4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2016 11:11 AM by travelingmama2 RSS

Spring Break The Cove-Atlantis should I be scared

columbussig Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am taking the family on Spring Break to the Cove Atlantis.  Is it really that bad?  I have read and heard some pretty bad reviews about the staff and the condition of the property.

As with all platinum families, the wife and kids are spoiled by past treatment of many resorts that go over the top for us.  I have informed them to be ready this will not be the case at Atlantis.

Can anyone give me the true story.

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Nassau, Bahamas
  • Re: Spring Break The Cove-Atlantis should I be scared
    cl526 Gold

We're going as well, and we just recently found out they close the pools around 7pm - at dusk?  What kind of resort (with 10+ pools) closes at dusk?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

columbussig Platinum

All the pools close at 7:00 p.m., I agree it is crazy.

Spent the week at the Cove, would say this is the only place to stay when visiting Atlantis.  The lounge chairs and pool is secluded and closed to the Cruise Ship day trippers.   If you have the points this is a must!

There was little recognition of my platinum status, I didn't get the welcome gift for 2 days and had to call 5 times to get a mini-fridge for the room.   When you check in there is the registration desk and then across the way the "Crescent" Lounge for VIP guests.   I was told that was for platinum guests upon my check out, so it wasn't very useful. 

Overall decent place but do not expect any platinum treatment.

travelingmama2 Silver

It gets dark there early and the pools are not lighted.  We were there in Feb and the pools (and all the outdoor stuff) except the climbing wall closed at 5 pm! 

travelingmama2 Silver

The customer service is not at the level we expected - but it's a foreign country so not completely surprising. We stayed at the Cove and did not get the "spiel" from the bellman upon check in, so we missed out on a lot of good information and a tour! I did alot of research before we went but still had TONS of questions once we got there.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...