7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2015 11:00 PM by john_thai RSS

Censorship

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I think we have a bit of a problem here.  I wrote a post that included the name of a large sporting goods chain.  Apparently, the software recognized that the first four letters of the name spell what is sometimes used as slang for a part of male anatomy.  As a resuldt, the major business name came out as ****s Sporting goods.  I think Marriott needs to revisit its Auto-correct software.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Censorship
    kristibgm Platinum

I noticed and that has happened to me... I know what ya meant...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

Which is why God invented exclamation points and zeroes. D!ck's sporting goods.

kristibgm Platinum

I do not understand what you mean?

If their censor nails a word and replaces it with *****, go back to the word and put "!" in place one of the letter "i" (! upside down) or zero "0" in place of the letter "o". Automated censors won't catch that.

kristibgm Platinum

OH-- I DID NOT know that-- SERIOUSLY how do you find things on like this.... guez... this is turing out to be a COLLEGE course on how to navigate  thru these... little tricks" ONE time they edited the word... **** (I was refering to my work stuff)

kristibgm Platinum

the word ccrrrrraapppp -- omg

It helps if you don't have a life and can play with these things all day. :-)

Another hint cr&p. Or cr@p.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...