5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2015 11:31 PM by fredrow RSS

Review Monterey Marriott

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Since we not longer are able to write hotel reviews I decided to put up my own.

Just returned from theMonterey CA Hotels | Hotels Near Monterey Bay | Monterey Marriott Hotel where we were greeted by a friendly smiling Front Desk Associate.  She thanked me for being one of their most loyal Reward Members and welcomed me back to the hotel.  She then explained the continental breakfast since there is no CL at this property and if we wanted to upgrade to the full breakfast buffet it would cost an additional $5. 

With key in hand off to the room which was an upgraded room with a Bay view.  The room was even marked properly!!

20150209_155428.jpg

The room was very large and completely clean, nice decor and large bathroom area. 

20150209_155400.jpg20150209_155414.jpg

The restaurant associates were very friendly as well and the breakfast buffet was very well stocked with many fresh items, but I loved the omelettes the best.   Each time we would pass the front desk we would get a friendly greeting as well as from the Bellman at the front door.  This hotel is located in a perfect location in downtown Monterey, close to very good restaurants, pubs, Fisherman's Wharf and about a mile walk to Cannery Row.

Having stayed here many times I was again not disappointed in any manner on this visit.  I will continue to stay at this property when in the area and thank you do all the staff for making this another enjoyable visit.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Monterey, California, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Monterey Marriott
  • Re: Review Monterey Marriott
    foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

We don' need no steenkin' guest satisfaction survey review forms! We are the Eensiders!!

steenkin' bahdges.jpg

Nice write-up!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

You done gud for a Peach!!

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

IAHFLYR,

That's pretty neat that you got a corner room.  When we stayed there, they gave us a high floor near the corner with a very nice bay view as well.  The hotel restaurant where we had breakfast was pretty awesome just like you mentioned, very comfortable arm chairs, super friendly and service oriented staff, a great breakfast buffet spread, and some very talented omelette chefs who seemed to enjoy their work.  The only thing that gave me a big pause about the property however, is the parking situation.  They really only offer valet parking, it's pricey, and you have to of course tip the valet every time you need your car (plus then wait for it, as it can get pretty busy).  They offer offsite parking a few blocks away (not good in bad weather), but you don't get the daily rate if you need to use your car (in and out requires the hourly rate).  Additionally, my favorite hangouts are in Carmel and Pacific Grove, so that also is a minus for the property, for me.  For the most recent visit this past November (Big Sur Half Marathon), we stayed at the Res Inn in Salinas, about 17 miles away (on a Cat. 5 cert), but had to be in Monterey on a Sat. morning by 6am.  One thing I discovered was that I could park on Del Monte between Van Buren and Pacific (right around the corner from the Monterey Marriott) for free.  I'm not sure if it's free all weekend (metered parking), but if so, that would make the Monterey Marriott a much more attractive option to consider for future visits (and there's always a future visit in the mix to the beautiful Monterey Peninsula, right?!)

I like a number of the little Inns in Carmel, one in particular is an all suite property, with balconies for people watching, breakfast included and delivered to the room.  Great location and about the same price as Monterey Marriott (and parking is free), but I'll be the first to admit that with as yet no lifetime status with Marriott, Marriott's reward program - for now - really has it's hook in me.  Until I gain at least lifetime gold status, it will be difficult to say no to a Marriott if it's an option.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Great write-up, IAHFLYR, thanks for sharing this with the community!

fredrow Platinum

Glad to hear these good things.  I will be here for a week on a work trip later in the year.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Incoming Links