13 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2015 3:37 PM by riki53 RSS

Is 180,000 for 4 nights at Naples RC a good deal?

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

-I am thinking about redeeming 180,000 points for a four-night stay at the Ritz-Carlton in Naples, FL (the beach property, not the golf resort).  This property is $979 per night on my selected dates, and I can get it for $899 a night with my ABA discount.  So, I'd be redeeming 45,000 points per night for a stay that would otherwise cost $899 per night.  I think this is probably a pretty good use of points?  I have tons of points and haven't really been redeeming many of them over the years.  Any advice?  If I don't redeem points at this property, I can redeem 75,000 for a 4-night stay at a SHS or FFI that's ordinarily $269/night.  I'd much rather be at the RC than SHS or FFI, so the point different for the RC seems worth it.  And I definitely don't feel like paying $899/night at RC or even $269 for FFI and SHS.  The RC is a beautiful property (of course!).  The FFI and SHS are nothing to write home about and really don't seem worth $269 or the points.  Thanks in advance!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Naples, Florida, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites Naples
Naples, Florida, USA SpringHill Suites By Marriott SpringHill Suites Naples
Naples, Florida, USA The Ritz-Carlton The Ritz-Carlton, Naples
  • Re: Is 180,000 for 4 nights at Naples RC a good deal?
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

A lot of people I've come across value Marriott points at about a cent per point, for me that is pretty much the minimum value I'd redeem at. It is certainly possible to get a much greater perceived return using travel packages and burning the miles element on a 1st or Biz class flight. Of course if youd never fly first or biz there is an argument that it's just perceived value!

Its generally easier to redeem at the 1 cent plus figure in Europe, and over the past few years I've burned 250k points in London worth £3000, 250k in Paris worth €3,000, 120k in Moscow worth €1800 and 120k in Monaco saving €1500. However repeated category creep has made these values difficult to obtain now, and they're certainly tough to redeem at that kind of amount in the US. I'm planning a Roadtrip with the family burning 600k points in July visiting Ottawa, NYC, DC and Niagara and my redemption value is turning out at around 1-1.5UScents, depending upon destination.

45,000 points ror a property priced at $899/night is returning 2 UScents per point and I reckon that's cracking value. I'd certainly redeem 180k points at those rates rate than pay the cash.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I don't think that the number of points for a property changes based on seasonality so one would get more value booking in whatever hotel you want in their high season assuming they let you at all.

ndn Platinum

If you just wait long enough, the price may go up! Then you can feel even better about your redemption.    

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

At most Marriott hotels you can stay 5 nights for the points for 4 nights.  e.g., the 5th night is free (no points required).

Don't know if RC does this, but I would check the points required for 5 nights and see.

Thank you for the insight!  I totally forgot about the 5 for 4 deal, too.  I should have thought of that one when I booked the airfare   I am torn between hoarding points and spending them, but I'm not keen on paying $269 at a FFI, and $899 a night (even for a Ritz) is too rich for my blood! 

cktaymd Platinum

Clebert,

We just returned from 3 nights at the Naples Ritz which cost us 180,000 points plus $50 per night upgrade to a gulf front balcony room.  As platinum members, we got a 1,000 bonus for staying there (no big deal, I know).  You will also be charged $28 per night for parking whether you valet or not.  The resort is right on the white sand gulf, I doubt the other hotels you are considering have that location type of location.  The beach chairs are free in front of the hotel and a "beach boy" helps you set them up (so you will probably want to tip him).  The resort is lovely and the service was impeccable.  I guess your question about whether it is "worth it" depends upon how many points you now have or whether you are saving up for a different, special trip.  I would say based upon our stay that it was worth the points to be on the beach - when it rained one day, we were still in a wonderful resort with many amenities.  Good luck with your decision.

Thank you!  I am leaning toward the RC.  Not really saving the points for anything and have been hoarding them for years!

2travelforever Platinum 1 Reviews

RC, if you have points, is the way to go.  Enjoy a wonderful, beautiful vacation.  Given the regular nightly cost, you got a wonderful deal.  Congrats!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Why not just go down the road some and stay at Florida Resorts | Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort, Golf Club & Spa and depending on when you wish to visit could be a better value?

riki53 Gold

It will be a much better deal if you stay 5 nights.  That fifth night is free.  We did that at the London Marriott County Hall. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...