3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 18, 2009 1:00 AM by jerrycoin RSS

Costa Rica

ginasouth Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I would like to visit Costa Rica with my husband and friends.   I know Marriott has a resort there and I'm wondering what would be the best time of the year to go.  Also, I have heard the roads aren't very good and the resort is on the opposite side of the country from San Jose.    Did anyone find it difficult getting to the hotel or have suggestions on the best way to get there

• Re: Costa Rica
    kstrot Platinum 3 Reviews

Hi, Costa Rica is a definite must do for your family.  There are two seasons in CR, dry (Nov. -March) and rainy (April-Oct) seasons.  Along the coast it is usually very sunny with some rain during the night during rainy season.  Los Suenos Marriott is wonderful but the beach area is not so nice. The pool area is wonderful and very pretty.  Try to go to the Manuel Antonio National Park (Hotel will provide a shuttle service) about 1.5 hours drive away. White sand beaches and lots of monkeys and coatimundis all around with iguanas, too.   Check into taking a day trip to Tortuga Island from Puntarenas area.  Very beautiful with lunch included and extra snorkeling, windsurfing, etc.  Check out www.arenal.net and http://www.amatierra.com/ as well as http://www.costaricaexpeditions.com/ for information.  You will enjoy all the beauty of CR. I have been during both seasons and really Sept. and Oct. are fantastic as well as Jan.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews
    I'm going there with my wife and 2 kids in Aug 2009.  I've heard the airport is 90 minutes from the hotel and the cab ride is $150.  Is this true? Are there other alternatives to save the $150 cab ride each way?  If I rent a car, is driving there easy (paved roads, good local drivers)?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
    We had no problem driving, and we stopped along the way.  Just take your time and be careful.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...