2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2015 11:32 AM by lakersfan RSS

DO YOU WANT COMMENTS ABOUT A STAY SHOWING UP ON TRIP ADVISOR?

Platinum 28 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have commented before about the difficulty I have had, after a stay, to communicate what I feel is constructive criticism to a property's management.

The new  "review system" implemented this year is unacceptable to me.

A Platinum Premiere (Life Plat also) sees things differently than the average guest.  The new system republishes your "review" and/or "comments" on TRIP ADVISOR.   Quite frankly, there are comments and/or suggestions to management that won't be understood or comprehended by readers on that site.

When I stay at a Marriott I (unconsciously) compare it to similar properties I stay at throughout the year. This comparison creates the basis for my review/comments.  (this can be Elite status issues, or unusual comparisons).   These comments are between me, other Elite members and Marriott. Not to be shared with a family checking out where to stay on a vacation.

I would also like to take this opportunity to say to the "insider powers that be" I feel it is counterproductive  and unfair to Elite members to remove our reviews from this site.  We should be allowed to communicate our feeling, whether "pro" or "con", in language that we understand.

Furthermore, the decision to place our comments on TRIP ADVISOR should be voluntary not automatic.

I welcome (and I know there will be) other opinions and comments.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: DO YOU WANT COMMENTS ABOUT A STAY SHOWING UP ON TRIP ADVISOR?
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Platinum 25 Reviews

I completed a review for a DC hotel recently.  It appears on the Marriott website, bit it does not appear on Trip Advisor.  For more clarification, can you please post the links to both Marriott and Trip Advisor where your review shows up?

Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: DO YOU WANT COMMENTS ABOUT A STAY SHOWING UP ON TRIP ADVISOR?
    lakersfan Platinum 20 Reviews

Hummm - I did not know that reviews are now republished on Tripadvisor!  I contributed to Tripadvisor on a regular basis for years until I started posting my reviews on Insiders.  I completely agree with miscerchk in that those of us who stay at hotels frequently see things differently than less frequent travelers.  I value reviews much more from those who write a lot of reviews - e.g. stay at a lot of hotels.  I am getting ready to write a review of the Renaissance Boulder Flatiron and I will miss posting it here!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...