7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2015 2:36 PM by 30marine RSS

Count towards nights stayed

30marine Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

When you stay at a Marriott property using points, do they count towards nights stayed?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Count towards nights stayed
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

No, they don't... Only paid nights count towards elite qualification.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

30marine Gold 1 Reviews

brightlybob:

Thank you for your reply

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Always a pleasure, never a chore

These loyalty programs have such a myriad of rules, and they differ from program to program. For instance, taking the big 4, Hilton started counting award nights a few years ago, SPG followed shortly after and IHG changed their scheme to count them last year. Marriott stands alone in not doing so. Mind you, Marriott instituted an (unpublished) lifetime program over a decade ago, SPG published its own version a few years ago and Marriott responded by tweaking their criteria and baking it into the program. Hilton has now just announced a lifetime scheme leaving IHG the sole refusenik! And of course, all the criteria differ between all the groups.

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

Hi 30Marine - As you already know, they don't, which is why, when I have more points "banked" than I can use in a reasonable time, I never used my points as it will keep me from the additional nights I need for lifetime Platinum. If you are close a lifetime level, I'd suggest that you continue to pay for your nights and collect the points.

And by the way, from your username, I'm assuming you are or were a Marine. Thank you for your service.

30marine Gold 1 Reviews

nhtraveler:

Thank you for the information. It was a privilege to serve in the United States Marine Corps from 1969 to 1999.

chris0311 Platinum

Wow 30 years! I could never imagine spending 30 years in the Corps. Five years was enough fun for me

30marine Gold 1 Reviews

chris0311:

I really had some outstanding opportunities, and when there are more good time than bad it is not too hard to stay.

Semper Fi

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...