6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 4, 2008 5:03 PM by platinumsteve RSS

Your favorite Marriott resort in the Caribbean?

splorers7500 Gold 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

We are planning an anniversary trip in Sept. and want to use Marriott points in the Caribbean.  We have been to St. Thomas/Frenchman's Reef.  That was great! What other island Marriott would you recommend for some adventure/relaxation/shopping (don't need gambling...)?

THANKS!! 

• Re: Your favorite Marriott resort in the Caribbean?
    philly1517 Silver
    I would inquire about Aruba. Marriott really has a great property with the 2 Vacation Clubs and Hotel. Right on the beach. STAY AWAY FROM THE RENAISSANCE INN -- the Marriott rep sold me on that property when I deicded to use some points and I quickly checked out as soon I got to the room.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

hhoope01 Platinum
    If your using points, you might want to look at some of the Ritz Carlton properties.  The St. Thomas and the Grand Cayman Ritz are possibly two of the best resorts period in the Caribbean.  And while they do take more points, depending on the time of the year and the property, you can get Pointsaver Awards which will reduce the needed points. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mlamd07 Silver

How do you use Marriott Rewards points at a Ritz Carlton? I'm not aware that is possible but a reply to this post implies you can?!

hhoope01 Platinum

Marriott's website lists all their awards, including their hotel partner awards. Here is a direct link to see their Ritz Carlton awards:  http://www.marriott.com/rewards/usepoints/hotelpart.mi

There is a column next to each listed award titled "View Details & Order Reward".  Click on the "view" link to see how to order these awards.  Note that on the right hand side of the webpage you should see a box with a link describing the use of Point Saver awards with Ritz Carlton stays.

surfclubber Platinum
    I would go to Aruba.  A good majority of the Caribbean is in the hurricane zone and going in September might be risky.  However, Aruba is outside the hurricane zone and you are guaranteed to have a great time!

platinumsteve Platinum
    I've stayed at the Marriotts on St Thomas and St Kitts. By far St Kitts is the best. Great for adults, great for children. Beach is wonderful and right up close. When you get away from the hotel, the people of St Kitts are the friendliest! Oh and there are monkeys!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...