5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2015 11:25 AM by joshm RSS

Need a bit of advice.

drgeorge Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I Recently stayed at the Coranado Marriott Resort and Spa in San Diego.  The people in the room next to me had a few cigars going on the patio. Bit much so I complained.  On check out they advised thier system was down and they could not print my bill. I checked out with the app. Bill normally comes within 24 hours.  Never came. Called the hotel and they sent the bill.  It had a $250 charge for smoking in the room.  Called them back. Told them I was the one who complained.  The attendant said they found ashes on the patio.  Probably from the guy next door because I complained.

Anyone know how to fight this.  The hotel seems immovable on this. Marriott Visa won't let me decline the charge. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Need a bit of advice.
    ndn Platinum

I would contact the GM and also write a letter online. Then I would file a BBB complaint agains the hotel and write scathing reviews on yelp and trip advisor. Finally, I would ensure that that all the public reviews include the full names of everybody in the Marriott property who denied you.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ndn Platinum

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

drgeorge,

Welcome to Marriott Rewards Insiders (MRI).  I am tagging our Marriott liasions here (joshm, KatieC, lindseyh, and melissaerb ) to see if they might be able to put you in contact with someone who can assist you.

I encourage you to consider engaging with MRI as you plan future trips and share other travel tips you may have.

gomer Platinum 2 Reviews

Interesting that Marriott Visa won't let you decline/ dispute the charges.

joshm Member

Hello drgeorge,

Thanks for sharing this with the community here at Insiders, and more importantly, welcome!

As you have done here, the Insiders forum is a great place to share and inquire to a community of well versed and experienced travelers that also know the ins and outs of the Rewards program. From travel experiences to photography, insights, recommendations, and fruitful travel conversation, the Insiders site is wonderful place.

As you explore the page and look to post, I recommend you take a peek at our Getting Started Guide. It contains useful information and tips on how to optimize your experience with the page!

Also, Don't hesitate to reach out to me (joshm), lindseyh, or KatieC with any questions or concerns you have about the program or the site. We make up the community management team for the forum!

Regarding your post, I'm going to pass it to our team and request that they reach out to you directly in order to discuss. Could you send me a direct message that includes your Rewards number and a way to reach you?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...