8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2015 5:16 PM by gb3 RSS

Elite Status review - help?

gb3 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I'm marriotforlife...was Platinum for many years.  I'm back to a position where I travel again and I've been working to restore my status.  I'm Silver Elite according to my account status, but when I check on my account I have over 750 lifetime nights, which I believe should make me Platinum Elite.  I tried contacting Marriott Rewards support by email, but there isn't an actual email address, only a online form to complete.

Who can I contact to have my account reviewed and my Elite status corrected?

Thanks

gb3

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Elite Status review - help?
    7 Platinum 1 Reviews

Do you have the required 2 million points listed here?

If so, I've had good results from their contact page. Or, I'm sure one of the community managers will show up and offer to look into for you or point you in the right direction.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

gb3 Platinum

Thanks for the response. 

Well, now I'm confused.  Is it 750 nights AND 2,000,000 points or is it 750 Nights OR 2,000,000 points?  That means staying in the Midwest or some other inexpensive market makes me less important as a customer than if I stayed in London and Tokyo?

I did submit my question to the Contact page you reference.  I guess I'll have to wait for the official response.

gb3

guidedog613 Platinum 6 Reviews

Yes you need both 750 nights and 2 million points.

gb3 Platinum

Wow - That's a bit insane.  And I guess it does value dollars spent over nights stayed.  I'm at 1.4M points and 751 nights.  That means the nights I spent years ago, when the cost of a room was lower overall, all that loyalty, means nothing.  Maybe I can refinance my house or buy a car with my Marriott Rewards card and get the Elite status that comes with 750 nights.

Or maybe I can cancel the card and look at the Hyatt Rewards Card

aaronplatinum4life Platinum 28 Reviews

You should do the Platinum Challenge...

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

The status situation is a bit confusing, I agree. The "points" required for "elite" status, such as "lifetime platinum", are not available on line, so you have to call Marriott. You accumulate points via of hotel stays and $ charges, particularly to a Marriott charge card. You'll need minimum of 2 million points to achieve "lifetime platinum", and the agent can tell you where you stand with this.

7 Platinum 1 Reviews

When you log in and go into Account Overview and then click 2015 Nights Detail you should get a popup where the top portion breaks down your nights for the year and the bottom portion is Lifetime Status with Nights and Points listed underneath it.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi gb3! I'd be happy to get you connected to a member of our team to discuss via phone call if you'd like. Just send me a private message with your contact info and I can pass it on!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...