12 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2015 4:22 PM by moycpamba RSS

charged  for no shows

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

has anyone  else on here  been charged for a no show even though it the res was cancelled in plenty of time and had a cancellation email sent out thankfully i checked my credit card statement and queried this then had to call up the hotel and argue my case thankfully the issue is now resolved and hotel admitted they were in the wrong . but what if i hadnt noticed ?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: charged  for no shows
    phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I've never been charged for a no-show, but I've not had to cancel under the new policy.  I'm driving soon through snow country, so I'll be interested to see what happens.

As far as

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mybnj Platinum 10 Reviews

I recently used the mobile app to check into a hotel. Several hours later, my schedule changed and I shortened my stay by cancelling the first night.   I did that by calling the 800 number and cancelling night #1 well before 6pm on the day of arrival  (my corporate agreement with Marriott remains 6pm day of arrival).  When I checked out of hotel several days later, you guessed it, they had charged me for the first night as a no show.   When I had explained that I had cancelled the room, and had a confirmation number, the attendant at the Tysons Corner Marriott located in Mclean, VA stated "but you had already checked in using the mobile app"... no kidding, I know what I did and didn't need to be reminded.  I basically said I dont have time to argue this, just adjust my bill so I can check out to which he responded "you've already been charged and I need to give this to accounting and that will take a month".   In these cases, I dont sweat it.   I have used American Express Credit Cards for years and largely because when you feel you have been wronged by a vendor, for any reason, no questions asked, they will give you a immediate credit on their own to maintain you as a customer, as they themselves try to recoup their money directly with the vendor.

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

Never.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

NEver with maroitt but it once happened with sheraton and they wouldnt r verse it so i stopped staying at their hotels almost 1000 hotel nights ago

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hmm, that is strange, doddsy69, especially if you cancelled your reservation before the deadline! I'm glad everything worked out and that you were able to catch it!

30marine Gold 1 Reviews

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

finnally got the refund credited to my card today but no explanation from the hotel to say why it had happened the reservation was cancelled 5 days before the stay date

fhsbbmom Gold 4 Reviews

I recently had this happen on a room that I reserved and had 24 hours to cancel. Cancellation was made within the timeframe but I was charged. I checked with Marriott and they with the hotel, and I was told to dispute with the Marriott credit card, so I think it will be resolved at some point.

marriottjad Silver 1 Reviews

I Was charged but it was my fault for not canceling, the worst part they did not give a night credit even though they charged me

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Hey marriottjad, sorry to hear about that. Feel free to DM me with your Rewards number and the best way to reach you, and I'd be happy to connect you with our team to see if we can assist.

boatpi Platinum 1 Reviews

No but last month I did have a 5 Star M related hotel in Vegas apply 11K to my charge card.  I caught it in the pending stage.  Called them and after three days it got removed.  They were very good about it.

moycpamba Platinum

I was charged for a no show by the Residence Inn Ballston Arlington by DCA even though I had called Marriott (using the number in the App!) who rebooked me to another Residence Inn!  The manager, Michael Golembe, is completely worthless and has no sense of customer service or understanding! I refuse to ever stay in this hotel and will be sharing my dissatisfaction.  Apparently, he is jealous that I did not stay at his hotel.  I will always stay at the other Residence Inn.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...