2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2015 9:43 PM by shakennotstirred RSS

Macys' Day Parade Stay

dogmom Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone stayed at the JW Marriott Essex House for the Macy's Day Parade. It is a bucket list item and am thinking of going this 2015. Thanks for any response.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Macys' Day Parade Stay
    mybnj Platinum 10 Reviews

I have not stayed at the JW... was actually with a friend and she booked the Trump Tower and we stayed there which was pretty nice hotel.  But anyway, I highly recommend you go up to central park and watch the balloons be blown up on Wednesday night.    Take the A or C train to 86th Street, exit subway, and it puts you right into the walking line past the balloons.    Any hotel along parade route is good.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Macys' Day Parade Stay
    shakennotstirred Gold 4 Reviews

dogmom, I haven't stayed at the Essex House, but I'm also in the midst of planning my family's trip to NYC for the 2015 Macy's Parade (my kids have watched it on TV for many years and now it's time).  My first choice is also the Essex House because, among other fantastic reasons, it's on the 2015 parade route.  Oddly though, nothing about this highly-sought-after location pops up anywhere on searches of the Marriott sites.  I somehow ran across this Marriott page about the Essex House and its well-organized yet covertly-publicized participation.  Now I can't even remember how I found it!:

New York Thanksgiving Day Parade Hotels | Thanksgiving Parade Route Hotels .

I highly recommend just emailing directly to Ewa Kalinowska (Ewa.Kalinowska@marriott.com), the marketing director at the Essex House, regarding availability.  Unfortunately, I am interested in a 7 day travel package point redemption for 4 and, after speaking directly with Ewa, the combination wasn't available (at least not to me and my budget!).

I am tentatively booked for points at both the Marriott Marquis and Marriott East Side - both of which would be great for our trip.  However, I'm also waiting to find out more about a new Renaissance being built on 34th St., right next door to Macy's, due to open this summer!  That could prove to be the best choice, for many reasons.  So, I'll make a final decision once that property gets unveiled.

mybnj, thanks for the tip about the balloons on Wed. night.  We'll definitely make that part of our plans!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...