3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2015 8:30 PM by john_thai RSS

Trouble Using Marriott Credit Card at some Marriott Properties?

dctraveller Platinum 17 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I just checked-in at a Courtyard earlier and they told me at check-in that my Marriott credit card was being read as invalid when they swiped it.  When they typed it in the machine, it was the same thing.  So they asked for a different credit card.  This was weird because I just used it before checking-in and decided to use it at a restaurant after checking-in.  Both before and after worked.

This happened to me as well two weeks back at a Fairfield Inn right across this property I am staying at.  At first I thought it was a fluke but lightning shouldn't strike twice.  Has something similar happened to other people when using their Marriott credit card?         

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Trouble Using Marriott Credit Card at some Marriott Properties?
    jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

Ive had a decline before while out of town Just said to try again and worked fine. for some reason working as a front desk I noticed chase cards decline large amounts when out of town when the bank isnt advised but work fine after a second try. most of the time the people gst a text or email asking if they recognize the charge and if they do to try the transaction again.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey dctraveller, thanks for posting. Having cards decline is always frustrating and stressful. If you're still having issues, you can always send me a private message with your card/Rewards number and contact info, and I can have someone look into this for you!

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

When I first started using Chase cards and had no history with them, I found I had to notify them whenever I was going to be using the card outside my state. Otherwise the card would be declined for security reasons. Particularly overseas. Now that I have a history I no longer need to notify them. As long as my charges are in the same general area of the world where I have had a number of charges before, no issues.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...