29 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2015 3:56 PM by CariJ RSS

What has happened to the hotel reviews?

walksoftly Gold 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

What has happened to the hotel reviews? They have always served me as a valuable source of information.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What has happened to the hotel reviews?
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Walksoftly,

This explains it pretty well:  http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/blogs/exclusive-news/2015/01/27/hotel-reviews-removal-coming-soon  You can still access the hotel reviews on Marriott.com.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thank you pluto77.

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

And I quote from the new page: "Negative reviews will not be allowed". OK, those aren't the exact words. The exact words are: "Once you submit the review and it goes through moderation it will be posted". Means the same thing. Kind of disappointing that Marriott would do this.

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

@john_thai - they are moderated to ensure the review is valid and no profanity is used!

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

No profanity I understand. But how do you define "valid" and who is the judge? All of the reviews I have posted here were very positive except one where there was a significant safety issue that needed to be addressed. If the property manager decided the safety issue wasn't "valid" does that kind of review go away?

Slippery slope, IMO.

Thanks for the quick reply, pluto! Walksoftly - sorry you missed the announcement, it quickly fell off my top 3. I'll be moving it to my "Featured Posts" section soon so that it will stay on the homepage.

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

How do you find/access hotel reviews on Marriott.com?

rinny54 - Hotel reviews can be viewed on individual hotel websites. You can access them from the top of the homepage, or if you scroll down a bit you can view more information and access them that way as well.

reviews1.jpg

reviews2.jpg

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

Thank you!  I will check it out.

NathalieF There does seem to be a problem with reviews of Marriott Vacation Club locations.  I have looked at a number of the MVC hotel websites and thus far none of them have hotel reviews included.  Can you check this? 

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

Which would be fine NathalieF if every guest had the opportunity to leave a review.  But very few are.  Can you tell me please, what percentage of guests are actually targeted to leave a review?

dcr022002 Platinum 16 Reviews

I am seriously through with Marriott after years of loyal business.  I use hotel reviews because I travel one third of the country and internationally.  The nerve of a company to only allow your feedback if you are given a survey.  I am staying in one of the worst properties I have ever encountered...and cannot give a review.  Really, you check into a Marriott and the shower curtain is broken off the wall, yet they do not want to hear about it?  When my stays are positive and exceptional as in a November international stay I leave comments as well.  This is just arrogance...and not deserving of my loyal (Lifetime PP) business

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

I have to agree with this.  Apart from sites such as Trip Advisor, there is now no means of leaving a Marriott review.  I would LOVE to leave a review - good or bad - on an individual hotel's website, but cannot unless I am invited to complete a survey.  I am a leisure only traveller nowadays, and in the last 12 months I have stayed in Marriott Hotels 5 times.  I have not been invited to complete a singly survey!!!!!!!!!!!!

seattlebb Platinum

I've stayed in 7 Marriott properties in the past  three weeks and have not been invited to complete a survey!

mybnj Platinum 10 Reviews

II've received 2 surveys for the same ritz cartlon even though I filled the first out.   Receifed none from marriotts and stayed at 3 in 3 weeks. 

tommo781 Gold 8 Reviews

That says it all doesn't it.  A lot of stays between us, but no surveys offered.  I am still waiting for NathalieF to tell me the percentage of guests who actually get surveys.

gizafish Platinum 13 Reviews

Unbelievable!  Why would a company not want their loyal followers to post a review?  I agree with many others, this is how I used to choose a property.  As I have 40 stays this year and have not been invited to review one of them, I am dissapointed.  Time to look at Hilton and Starwood!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

And we are still staying tuned NathalieF!!!

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Was asked to fill out a teview tecently for a stay in aruba. First request in many months.

Jsucool76 Gold

Happy to hear you've been chosen by the almighty marriott to review a property

I'm still a little upset by this "no reviews on MRI" thing. I tend to value the opinions of those on this forum more than I value a stranger on tripadvisor. The minds on this forum tend to know what to expect from a hotel, and know whether maybe they're missing something or not. I know if one of the active members here says the hotel is bad, it's probably bad, and if they say it's good, it's probably good.

Strangers on tripadvisor are all just like "I got to pay $1 and go into the CL with my 96 kids, all of whom enjoy touching every piece of food with their bare hands"

xD

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Very strange that NathalieF, joshm, CariJ and lindseyh have been mysteriously quiet regarding this topic.  It's clear MI want the reviews back just not where they completely take over the "big board" as previously happened. 

Might be they are secretly working with "The Greater Team" to bring them back.

Jsucool76 Gold

I'm not so sure they're working to bring them back. Didn't you read that other thread, loaded with the facts? Marriott staff go out of their way to make their customers' lives terrible.

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Thanks for the mention IAHFLYR. I haven't engaged in this thread because there's not much we can do about this at this point. However, keep in mind that we have passed this topic along with the general opinion on the matter on to the greater team (I know, your favorite phrase ) - as it is clearly a hot topic in the Insiders community.