4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2015 8:10 PM by jerryl RSS

Switched megabonus and now enrolled into 2

mybnj Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I called to switch my megabonus (yes i know the program already began).    What I was enrolled in was a stretch for me so I requested a different promo.  While they were not able to change it and have it reflect on my profile, they were able to enroll me into the "base" program that awards 2500 points after the 2nd stay.   This is in addition to the original program.  So at the end of the promo period ... If I don't achieve my original megabonus promo, MR will revert to the base program to see whether I achieve points following that promo.  Only caveat is you cant get points on both, which obviously makes sense. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Switched megabonus and now enrolled into 2
    texasal Platinum 10 Reviews

Thanks for the tip. It worked for me too.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

TOtraveller Gold

I was curious as to how the different promo levels are determined and spoke to a rep about that last week.  Unfortunately, she didn't know (or wouldn't tell me if she did).

I also inquired if the free hotel stay certificates (cat 1-5) instead was an option, but they aren't.

I found those much simpler, even though it was limited to 2-3 max per bonus and they're actively being given out since the Marriott credit card offers the same certificate on the anniversary.

I think MR should also allow members to upgrade to a different category by paying the difference with points - 5,000 points each category.  it would streamline the rewards plan and costs for the company, and benefit members just the same.

mybnj Platinum 10 Reviews

Just Google marriott spring Megabonus 2015 and the various options show up on a website.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

yes in effect you can straddle the two and get which ever one you achieve. I have done this the last two times and last time I managed to still get around 21 K additional points. I was told they haven't offered the free night in a while

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...