6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2015 3:16 PM by jm1991 RSS

Will you be spending VDay at a Marriott property this year?

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Will anyone be spending valentines day or celebrating with the significant other at a Marriott property?

I decided to use my free night voucher for friday 13th (sucks i cant get vday off) to book a night at a courtyard near the restaurant ill be having dinner. Saved me over $150. the hotel is usually $90 something on the weekends but it looks like they raised the rates for that weekend. Glad i wont be paying a cent for the room.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Will you be spending VDay at a Marriott property this year?
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Not spending the 14th at Marriott, but I am heading out on the road the following day. I'll be in the south (AL, MS, and LA) starting the 15th through the 21st. Seven days on the road, six different Marriott properties. It's a good start toward my Spring MegaBonus.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

My sister in law and her kids are coming down to visit that weekend and are staying at the local marriott... they are paying for the room instead of me using points/certs though  

I'm flying back from London on the 13th so will be technically checking out of a Marriott that day if it counts

KatieC Member

Great discussion jm1991! I look forward to hearing everyone's plans. I'll be in Boston the Monday after VDay but staying home for the holiday.

rhabdo Member

Yes! My boyfriend and I are going to NYC and we have already reserved at Marriott there (not sure how many are there, we are staying at the one on Times Square). We reserved through Cheap hotels in New York, Find Discount Hotel Rooms / Rates in New York, NY - HotelsCheap.org though because it was cheaper. I know it's frown upon to reserve through external websites, but we are both working students so it's important for us to save some bucks. I hope that we'll be able to enjoy a Valentine's dinner somewhere in the city, but I'd need some of your recommendations. Thanks in advance!

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

Thats awesome.  I wish I could go to NYC, must be very romantic. As far as restaurants I dont know of any other than the Marquis View Lounge. I know the one here in San Francisco was having a special package for two with a champagne bottle, dinner and guaranteed window seating for a breathtaking view. I dont know if the one in NYC would offer the same. BUT I do recommend finding something ASAP. I booked my restaurant already through the open table app. I dont want to end up like last year waiting till the week of and finding out all good restaurants are booked from 5pm-10pm leaving me without reservations and having to find something that had no huge lines last minute.

Frogs Platinum 9 Reviews

I'm going to spend the weekend in my own bed - good thing since I am on the road three nights a week!

Although a romantic weekend away in the future may be in order ... a change of pace would be great!

Enjoy your time away!!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...