0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2008 3:56 PM by midwestfan RSS

Dubuque experience

midwestfan Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Dear Community,

I wanted to share with you a recent experince I had with the only Marriott property in Dubuque IA.

After I had the email attached below, I read about Marriott's Green Initiatives, with the Brazilian rain Forest, in the FT - - so because of that I am willing to give it another try - I have book one week of stay at the Dubuque hotel - I'll use that exprience as the final decission factor about staying with Marriott.

MidWestFan - Platinum Memember

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 9:57 AM

To: 'Dubuque Fairfield Inn'

Cc: 'GUESTEXPERIENCESUPERVISOR@MARRIOTT.com'

Subject: RE: Fairfield inn issue

Dear Ms. Connie Johnson,

Thank you for the reply.

It was an honest inquiry on my side - it may be the email environment, but I get the feeling that you are not writing to me, but replying to the Guest Experience Supervisor, or else, if it was intended for me, it is not the tone I am used to from a Marriott Manager.

As a business women and manager, I admire your rational and the fact that you took the time to explain to me how your business works, and how you make pricing decisions.

So here is my business reasoning: my loyalty to the Marriott brand is worth to you, at the most (I explained to Adam that our jobs involve quite a bit of international travel, so it will not be 4 night every week) exactly $792 ( 22 weeks X 4 days X $9). I also explained to Adam that we did the research and $60 for the room would seem in line with the age of your property, the amenities and the prices that MainStayInn, Country Inn and Suites and Hampton Inn are offering.

I am deeply disappointed that I cannot do business with Marriott, as I am going thru this exciting time of my life: new job in a new city. Marriott was part of many happy experiences in my life, since 1995.

I will make sure to make a point with my colleagues and business associates, that when staying with Marriott in Dubuque, they should be prepared to deal with an inflexible General Manager, or else they should try and find alternate accommodations for their stay.

Sincerely,

Marriott Customer since 1995

-----Original Message-----

From: Dubuque Fairfield Inn [mailto:DubuqueFF@tharaldson.com]

Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 9:18 AM

To:

Cc: GUESTEXPERIENCESUPERVISOR@MARRIOTT.com

Subject: Fairfield inn issue

Dear ,

As the general manager of this property I would like to clear up a few items regarding your complaint to Marriott customer service. Adam expressed to me that you were currently at the Mainstay and they were raising your rate fron $49.00 to $ 55.00 and you were looking for a better deal. As a Platinum member , of course you know that the reward program offers you points for every stay, it is not a rate reduction program. I absolutely believe in customer loyalty, it is one of the sustaining reasons that companies stay in business. We treat Marriott reward members with the utmost respect and offer them every available program benefit that we can to appreciate their loyalty. Adam posed your situation to me as follows: Monday through Thursday from now until mid August. 2 people in the room. Knowing that our rate will be $89.99 beginning in May, I felt that $69.00 was indeed very reasonable. With occupancy running any where from 85 to 100% during that time I also felt that $69.00 was a very reasonable offer. The reason that Adam called me was that he has been here for 2 months , I have been here for 10 years. With that in mind and knowing my business trends very well, it did not take me much time to make the decision about the rate offered you. It was an absolute business decision and was nothing personal nor Platinum status related. I did not know you were a Platinum member until I received your complaint this a.m. I based my decision solely on business trends. I am sorry that you were unhappy with my decision. Sincerely, Connie Johnson, General Manager, Dubuque Fairfield Inn.

[Note by: Marriott] We cannot edit your post for you, but Marriott would be happy to post this in the community if you would remove any personal information, names and your Marriott Rewards ID from your comments. Thank You!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...