3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2015 8:43 AM by rinny54 RSS

Help navigating the vacation club system

hybridowner36 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

i Am a hybrid week/points owner.with my week in Aruba. I have 3 kids (one with Autism that LOVES the ocean), and have limited time to travel during the year (basically 1st week in November, around presidents week, week after Easter and 2 weeks in August). I bought into MCVI because we are 5 people and the 2br villas seemed like a cost effective option for us (rather than 2 hotel rooms), but I'm having issues and  I have some questions.

If I convert my Aruba ocean club owned week for destination club points, can I later convert those club points to MR points?

Why when I try to book a hotel that has suites or a 2br option ( like a residence inn) using Marriott reward points, can I never book for a 2 BR using points? Why is this never listed as an option (PS they are always available for $)

we can't seem to ever get what we want, when we want it. Anybody have any insight?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Help navigating the vacation club system
    superchief1 Platinum

If you have access to Destination Club points, they are a much better value than converting to MR points. I would expect you would receive a lot of DC points for your Aruba week. If you can travel in early November, Ocean Pointe and Oceana Palms on Singer Island and Chrystal Shores on Marco Island are great beach front resorts and don't require a lot of DC points in early November. President's week and Easter require more points, but are still a much better value than anything you can do with MR points.

I still have not found a way to confirm a 2 BR reservation using MR points or MR + cash for a 2BR reservation at Residence Inn. I wish Marriott would offer a way to convert points for a 2BR reservation.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

walksoftly Gold 4 Reviews

While it often is not possible, sometimes you can arrange a 2 bedroom reservation with points (for example at a Residence Inn) by calling the hotel.  I have had this happen -- although the hotel manager would only allow it a few days before my reservation.  If the hotel reservation staff (or manager) knows that there will be a lot of availability, they can let you use an update certificate -- or, perhaps, let you upgrade with cash.  It's worth a try

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

You can either convert your week to Destination points OR Marriott Reward Points.  Not both.  The only way you can convert Destination Points to Marriott Reward Points is if you own Destination Points. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...