4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2015 9:30 PM by aaronplatinum4life RSS

Being walked

highmaintenance13 Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I could not find the answer on Marriott's site or any other travel site, so I am posting here.

If you are walked at the hotel that you have booked, and the new hotel's rate is more than the rate that you booked, will they honor the lower rate?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Being walked
    ndn Platinum

If you are walked, you should get booked by the hotel that pushed you out and compensated:

If for some reason we’re unable to honor your reservation, we’ll pay for your accommodations that night at a nearby hotel and compensate you for the inconvenience. To be eligible, you must provide your Marriott Rewards membership number when making a reservation. Compensation varies by hotel brand.

The specifics are at Marriott® Elite Member Benefits and Guarantees, but you should get the new "comparable" room at a "comparable hotel" plus $200 (or 90,000 or 140,000 points) or $100 (or 90,000 points) as additional compensation. The hotel should pay for your stay at a nearby hotel, which means the rate should be paid by the hotel, even if more.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

highmaintenance13 Gold 3 Reviews

ndn, thank you for replying.  I knew that they must pay for the arrival night, but was unsure about subsequent nights. 

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Perfect answer, thanks @ndn!

aaronplatinum4life Platinum 28 Reviews

Lucky me...since I've been PFL, I haven't been walked!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...