13 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2015 4:22 AM by donethat RSS

Is the NYC Marquis Concierge Lounge Open Weekends?

ndn Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Is the New York Marriott Marquis concierge lounge open for elites on weekends for free breakfast?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Is the NYC Marquis Concierge Lounge Open Weekends?
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey ndn, thanks for posting another great question. I've reached out to our team to see if they have any information around this. I'll keep you posted on what I hear back!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Hey ndn, here's the scoop.

The Concierge Lounge is not open on the weekends. In lieu of breakfast, Gold and Platinum members are given 1,000 points. Thanks again for posting, let me know if you have any other questions!

ndn Platinum

Thanks lindseyh! You always give such awesomely quick responses. It's too bad that 1000 points is pretty worthless compared with a breakfast for two! You can't get gluten-free, low-carb breakfasts for the cash-equivalent of 1000 points in NYC! Would the Marquis or Renaissance give a way to trade it in for something worthwhile in the restaurant?

Always happy to help, ndn! I hear you about the the points/cash trade-off. I can check with our team to see if there any options for you. 

ndn Platinum

thanks The specified item was not found.. I will be platinum by the time I stay there. $10 + $10 in points value (1000 points to me is worth $10) could be used for something I guess--though not really too much. I bet prices are crazy high there in the restaurant. The $10 credit may be good for half an egg! I can't figure out why NYC gets away with not providing the same level of benefits though as other places. It's outrageous.

guidedog613 Platinum 6 Reviews

ndn

If you are flexible in where you are going to stay, I can offer up my 2 cents.....we stayed at the Essex House(JW Marriott) and the CL was open for breakfast on the weekend. Hope this helps.

ezgoing Platinum

Why doesn't Marriott require its hotels to clearly post weekend lounge service information on their websites?  Hotels are inconsistent in their offerings, so in the USA, weekend lounge service customarily is a mystery.  The failure to be up front about this information wastes everyone's time as guests try to find the answer.  One usually has to call the hotel or possibly look on the Marriott board or on Flyertalk.  In this case just to get the answer someone posted on this board and then someone reached out to "our team" to find out and post information that should have been required info on the hotel's website. Not exactly what I would call customer friendly!

Could the "team" make it a priority to see that this info is readily available on each hotel's website?

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

In fairness most properties do say that the lounge is open/closed on the weekend (under the room details).  What they don't do is post whether it's 1,000 points only or 750 points or cont'l brekkie, and my guess is that is because non-elites book as well as elites & it would get too confusing to have elite info mentioned.

What really sucks though is that so many hotels charge a premium for the exec level rooms on a weekend when hidden in the room details is that the lounge is closed on weekends.  To me that's deliberately dishonest/crosses an ethical line.  In that case, if I were a non-elite, I'd either ask for the difference btween regular room & elite room refunded to my credit card, or that the property provide 2 breakfasts.

FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Cheers.

mybnj Platinum 10 Reviews

If you have the starbucks app, there is a coupon in the app this week for 25% off of a breakfast sandwhich and there are 2 starbucks on-site at the marquis.     Breakfast for two....$7.00

ndn Platinum

I wish that were an option for me. Sandwiches are neither gluten free nor low carb--which are medical restrictions for my wife and me, respectively.

takingthehighroad Member

I hear you on the lounge/breakfast benefit with NYC Marriott's.  Seems real unfair to us elites with NYC being so expensive.  Just an FYI, when the lounge is open at the Marquis, breakfast can be quite crowded with a long line for food.  Also, guest + 1 is strictly enforced!  Saw a elite guest turned away when he attempted to come in with his wife and teenage daughter.  He tried to give the DYKWIA, Platinum argument, but when the attendant told him that 95% of the people in the lounge were also platinum and corporate makes the rules, he let his wife and daughter stay while he went elsewhere.

The breakfast buffet at the Marriott Marquis is also quite good, with a lot of variety, but it is very expensive $35 + tax & tip.  Both of the Starbucks in the Marquis are very crowded all day.  They also run out of breakfast items early in the AM (9:00am on a Sunday and they were out of breakfast sandwiches!!!)

If you don't mind venturing our, Junior's is next door to the Marriott Marquis.  They have a great breakfast there and it is reasonably priced (for NYC)! 

drubin333 Platinum 1 Reviews

I was recently in touch with the NY Marquis Concierge desk, and they told me that they DO indeed open at 5PM on Sundays.

donethat Platinum 5 Reviews

I have stayed there for years and was always delighted that the concierge room was open weekends. Perhaps they have changed polices.  I would just call hotel for clarification.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...