12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2016 10:43 AM by alexrferguson RSS

Gold challenge fast track

j.robi Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

Last year I was very close to reaching gold status but in Q4 I could not travel much and I was still missing a couple of nights at the end of the year so I didn't reach gold status.

Now I've heard from several colleagues of mine that they have been offered a gold status challenge, where they get temporary gold status for 3 months and if they have 6 stays during this period they get to keep the gold status for 2 years.

I haven't received a similar offer, but I would really like to participate in this promotion.

Does anyone know how can I participate?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Gold challenge fast track
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey j.robi, fantastic questions!

If you haven't already been offered a Gold Status Challenge, you can request one by going to the "Contact Us" tab in your Marriott Rewards account. From there, you can email the Marriott Rewards team and ask that you be signed up for the Challenge.

I can also look into what the best phone number for you to call is if you'd like. Just let me know where you'd be calling from and I can look into it!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

j.robi Gold 1 Reviews

Hi lindseyh,

thanks for the tip. I have called the rewards customer service yesterday evening (Europe time) and they said that they have registered me for the promotion and I should see it on my account within an hour. It is now morning here and I can still not see any change on my account.

I'm about to check out from a Marriott hotel and I would like this stay to be included in the promo.

I tried to call the rewards number again but they are closed now.

What do you think I should do now?

Hey j.robi, if you'd like, go ahead an private message with your Rewards number and the best way to contact you. I can pass it on and have a member of our team look into your questions for you. Thanks!

j.robi Gold 1 Reviews

Hi lindseyh,

thank you for offering your help. I have talked to a very nice lady today on the Marriott Rewards line and she has confirmed that the promotion has been enabled and my recent stay will count as well but for some reason it doesn't show up on my account.

Anyway, thanks for following up on this one.

Any time, j.robi! Happy to help

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

Is there a Platinum Challenge Fast Track going on or planned?  I missed Platinum this past year by 9 nights and would love an opportunity at obtaining Platinum through this process.  Can you look into this and advise?? It would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Of course! Let me see what I can find out!

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

Hi Lindsey; were you able to find anything out about this?  Please let me know.

Thank you!

Hey @ne_traveling_man, sorry for the delay on this one! I found out that there is a Challenge planned for the near future. If you'd like, you can send me a private message with your account # and we can check to confirm your eligibility!

alexrferguson Platinum

If you have any information to pass on to me, I'd like some more information. Thanks!

Alex

sandiegotraveler1973 Silver

Hi lindsey im new here and wondering if you or anyone can guide me, im close to gold status and the year is almost over i need like 8 nites to get to 50. wondering what the challenge is ? thanks

aaronplatinum4life Platinum 28 Reviews

American Airlines does this as well.  Just Google Aadvantage Gold Challenge or Aadvantage Platinum Challenge.  You have to pay for it, however...

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...