12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2015 6:15 PM by Sledchick RSS

MY NAME IS MISTERCHK AND I'M A WAFFLEHOLIC

Platinum 28 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

(Silly time on the site)

No longer in denial.  I HAVE  A PROBLEM!!

Waking up at a Residence Inn or SpringHill -  eyes on the clock - Please, please, 6AM get here already - I NEED MY WAFFLE FIX.

Who among you is brave enough to announce here, publicly, that you have this addiction. 

The "joy" and "pleasure" of loading the waffle maker.  Then setting the lock and turning the device over.  Waiting for "beep" that your delight is ready.

I'M GETTING TOO EXCITED, I MUST STOP WRITING AND RUN TO THE RESTAURANT!!!!

HAPPY MLK DAY TO ALL -  I WAS MAKING WAFFLES AND HE WAS MAKING AMERICA A BETTER PLACE!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: MY NAME IS MISTERCHK AND I'M A WAFFLEHOLIC
    pointjunkie Gold 2 Reviews

Your cute little missive brought me back to our stay at the Marriott in San Jose, Costa Rica.

We were lucky enough to be a "Gold" elite member for that stay-thus giving us access to the Concierge Lounge. One morning I saw a waffle maker on the buffet.  I made a waffle for myself and my husband.  What a treat! The next day it was there again so it was waffle time again for my husband.

But on the 3rd day it was missing.  I inquired of the young lady in attendance.  She said she could get one.  After several minutes, we thought she had forgot. However we found out that she went out of her way to go down to the restaurant on site and bring back a hot waffle for my husband.

On the day of our departure no waffle make in sight. The very sweet and attentive young lady came by our table, "Senor, would you like a waffle today?"  OMG!  talk about great customer service!  We shall always remember that vacation.  I hope we see her when we get back there.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Platinum 28 Reviews

Who knew the effect those waffle makers is affecting our lives.................

I will see you get an invite to the first Waffleholics Anonymous meeting - It will be like other similar support groups but will have an open bar!!!!!  

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Mmmm... Waffles.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

The waffles made by the chef at the Houston Marriott Medical Center are the best I have ever eaten.  I enjoy adding pecans to mine.  By the way, platinum reward members get breakfast in the restaurant on Saturday and Sunday morning. (I'm not sure about gold members.)  The entire breakfast buffet is wonderful.  I can't think of anything they are missing for the morning meal.  The wait staff and the managers take excellent care of their guests.

barrpat Platinum 7 Reviews

Thanks for not forgetting MLK day!!! I cannot join you all in the waffle thing, unless Marriott's decide to spend some cash and provide multi-grain/wholegrain/protein based waffle batter; but you all enjoy!

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

When I saw the title of the post I just had to read it...gave me a good laugh.

Platinum 28 Reviews

Fortunately or Unfortunately I have a reputation for my strange sense of humor.

Enjoy.

Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews

I thought of you this weekend.  We stayed at the Residence Inn Atlantic City Airport in NJ on Friday night.  We had to eat very early, and when I got to the breakfast area it was uncrowded -- yay!  I glanced around, and lo and behold, there was a waffle iron!  I proceeded to make one ASAP.  I have to admit I do love to make them, but I rarely partake.  So can I join the Waffleholics Anonymous group even though I'm addicted to making them instead of eating them?

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Yo Sledchick !!!!  We were at the very same hotel on Saturday night. We took in the Fleetwood Mac concert at Boardwalk Hall that evening......two ships almost passing in the night.

Wow!  That's the closest I have ever come to meeting another MRI.  How was the concert?

Platinum 28 Reviews

Sledchick Consider yourself enrolled.  Now the only other qualification (with the exception of having the addiction) is to arrive at our next WAA meeting with a bottle of Tequila!

I must take this opportunity to apologize to Sledchick and painedplatinum.  Addictions cause harm to those around you and my waffle addiction almost caused you to "run into each other" - (LOL) - shows what can happen when one is out of control and can't help themselves.

I'll forego the tequila in favor of vodka.  To-kill-ya and I do not have a good relationship!  Hence the group therapy, right?  To work on our relationships and addictions?  BTW, if I do ever meet any of you MRIs, I'll make the waffles if you eat them!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...