19 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2015 7:51 AM by misterchk RSS

PLATINUM PREMIERE NON-NOTIFICATION

Platinum 28 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

IT MUST BE INDICATIVE OF THE (LACK OF) ADDED BENEFITS THAT  I AWOKE THIS MORNING, went to the Marriott site to make some reservations and ACCIDENTALLY  NOTICED THAT MY STATUS WAS CHANGED FROM PLATINUM TO PLATINUM PREMIERE! You would think  a simple email letting me know would have been appropriate. Doubt it is going to prove valuable when arriving at midnight asking for an upgrade.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: PLATINUM PREMIERE NON-NOTIFICATION
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

Agree with you , as i mentioned in  a prior post i hit 2m miles on US Air and never heard a think. Well congratulations on achieving that level.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

beauvallonboy Platinum

Congratulations on the PP!  However, as a Platinum member a good responsible front desk person or decent hotel should an upgrade be available they should automatically do it, but some won't just in case they can sell that to someone else.  Best to just make the request in your reservation and see if you have luck on your side and upon check-in, confirm by being polite and asking by "any chance I managed to get the room upgrade?"   Good luck & enjoy your stays!

Platinum 28 Reviews

beauvallonboy

I've been at this game now for close to 14 years. 

That said, much thanks for the advice.  I was a Life Plat until I accidentally discovered that I could (for at least a year) add the word Premiere to my "title".  Consequently I've tried everything and some hotels it works and some could care less.

I mentioned in another blog that my new status carries one, very important benefit.  If I show up at a Starbuck's counter at a Marriott hotel, present them my credentials along with a $5 bill I will receive a cup of "steaming" $4 coffee.........it took a long time and many wonderful nights on Marriott bedding to be receive this type of recognition............(LOL-???-LOL-???) (my way of saying I don't know if I should laugh or cry) 

writerguy55 Platinum

Just reached platinum lifetime status a few weeks ago and no one has acknowledged that to me in an email or anything else. Doesn't even show it anywhere in my personal account or profile. The only place I've seen it is in one of those weekly e-specials emails where it had my name and under it Platinum Lifetime.

Platinum 28 Reviews

writerguy55

You will eventually get a new membership card in the mail that is exactly like the yearly one (that shows an expiration date).  The difference being that there is no expiration date and it says under PLATINUM, Lifetime.

Congrats

writerguy55 Platinum

LOL And given that reservations are electronic, that card will stay buried in my wallet, never again to see the light of day or a desk clerk's eyes. Oh well, as long as I know it.

Frogs Platinum 9 Reviews

The only way I found out I was Lifetime Plat. was by contacting them and asking ... there was nothing anywhere that let me know I had achieved that status.

Sad to say, I didn't make Plat. Premier this year. 

I need another year under my belt with this level of travel if indeed they do look at the last three years of activity.  Next year I should see the marching band greeting me at the hotel to announce this amazing achievement ...

Okay - back to reality!

Happy Travels!

davidax Platinum

Hello misterchk,

In 2014 I was upgraded from Platinum to Platinum Premier. The the notice I got was in the February "Your Account" e-mail with small letters at the top saying "David, Welcome to Platinum Premier status". That was it.

Regards,

David

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

you should also get a cool box in the mail with a proper welcome letter & gift of some kind (if they do it as in the past).

I've not really seen much in the way of an electronic "welcome" but the kit o stuff in the mail with your card has always been much more impressive than the standard envelop, here's your card approach for lower levels.

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

What was the gift this year?  My husband still hasn't gotten his since our mail address can't be changed from the Residence Inn except by our calling each mail sender, and that evidently means each department at some businesses, including Marriott.

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

Sorry for the delay, been offline a bit.  The gift this year was a Bluetooth speaker, pretty nice.  I think there's a post on here somewhere with pics from me.

thislightisnotmyown Platinum

I stayed 192 nights last year and still didn't get platinum premiere.   It's been long enough now and my account hasn't been updated so I no doubt didn't get this 'elite' and meaningless title but for being life time gold at 32 I can only imagine this being purely a financial status and have nothing to do with loyalty.  You'd think 100 a night minimum times 192 even after a bed bugs incident would get you somewhere!  Yall must be staying at hotels in downtown Chicago or LA or something!

Platinum 28 Reviews

It is pretty obvious from all the comments.  The conclusions have not changed in the last two or three years.

To summarize:

1. Platinum Premiere has no advantages of Platinum Elite

2. The choosing process of this category is random

3  The random choices does not take into account number of nights spend in a calendar year.

4  Whether one has reached lifetime status or not has no effect on choice

5. If you are lucky enough (???) to receive this "temporary" status - YOU WILL NOT BE TOLD FORMALLY AND FIND OUT BY ACCIDENT.

KIND OF SOUNDS LIKE  GOOD IDEA FOR A SITCOME!!!

beauvallonboy Platinum

thislightisnotmyown,

Bed bugs at a Marriott...I think you should own that own a free Marriott vacation after that incident...totally unacceptable! Sorry to hear about your troubles...Hopefully they will fix your troubles!

Platinum 28 Reviews

THOUGHT:

Does anyone find it strange that no one from Marriott (who I am confident monitors this site) has commented on our posts.

This subject (being awarded Platinum Premiere) has been around a long time. 

It seems that this is an organized  "ignorance" of the subject by Marriott!

I get the feeling that the individual that came up with the idea of PP has since left the company and the only thing left was instructions to award a certain number of members this status. 

The individual took with him/her the benefits!!!

If anyone knows who to find out at Marriott who to contact and does not have the time or wants to make the effort pass the info to me and I will be more than happy to communicate.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I think one thing that contributes to the consistent speculation about major changes to the scheme is the Plat Premier status which is so much an empty vessel. If PP is to mean anything it requires some benefits, whether corporate passes on the cost by making the benefits in-hotel (which requires delicate negotiations with the franchisees) or corporate bears the cost with extra points and suite upgrade certs, it seems madness to have a status with no benefits. PP appears to be a status in limbo awaiting its benefits. But if positive change comes to PP, will it be part of a general program overhaul, and if so, will changes for other categories of membership be so welcome?

The nearest equivalent anywhere to PP status is IHGs Royal Ambassador, awarded by some opaque examination of Ambassador members stay behaviour it confers guaranteed lounge access, suite upgrades allocated day before arrival, limited guaranteed suite upgrades and free minibar. RAs seem to really appreciate it, and Marriotts PP certainly contrasts badly.

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

I've been in the PP category for the last 3 or 4 years. I'm very happy to say that I get upgraded quite often...80% maybe?  So, there may not be a ton of difference between Platinum and Platinum Premier, but at least I get upgraded more than I used to!!

eb5147 Alumni Steward Platinum 7 Reviews

We get upgraded quite a bit and are actually being recognized by the desk clerks more now than in previous years.  We get more "gifts", like the 3 cups of Starbucks, any size and type at the CY in Florence, SC; as well as a nice upgrade.

At some places, like the FFI in Hinesville, GA; they gave us a couple of welcome snack sacks when we checked in last week going to Cape Canaveral, FL and a market item and points when we returned on our way back from Cape C, FL to Myrtle Beach, SC. It was a new FFI for just 7500 points per night so we stayed there 3 nights since there was nothing better that we could find between there and MB, SC; especially with Anna coming into the coastal area.  

Platinum 28 Reviews

It has been my experience that proof of my Premiere status, accompanied by $5.00 will allow me to get coffee at any Starbucks in the Marriott chain.

(LOL)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...