5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2015 9:01 AM by Frogs RSS

Earning Points on Parking Car when staying at Marriott

mybnj Platinum 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I just noticed I do not earn points on charges to my hotel bill for parking my SUV at the NYC Marriott Marquis overnight.   The charge is $60 for cars, and $70 for SUV's.   This seems odd to me, as they gave me points on the $6 Starbucks coffee charged to my room.  I know they are renovating the parking garage at the Marquis so all cars are parked off site at a 3rd party vendor and wonder if this has something to do with it. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Earning Points on Parking Car when staying at Marriott
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

this has been brought up in the past and I think you are right parking is not covered. I also don't understand why but most important to me is the charge especially when parking is in a lot like at SFO Marriott.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Once or twice I've earned points for parking, but is not the norm. I understand it when parking is in a nearby structure not owned by the hotel. I do think that if the packing facility is owned and operated by the hotel, parking charges should earn points. I suppose it's possible that this latter scenario doesn't happen as often as we think.

beauvallonboy Platinum

If you are spending at the hotel and it gets added to your final hotel bill that should be points earned.  I traveled to DC a lot in 2010 - 2012, I was earning $20+ to points per day and I was there practically a year with a week or so for home trip.  So maybe it is depending on the property, but again what you spend at the hotel is my thoughts!

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

your final bill states all eligable charges will be credited to your marriot rewards account possibly depend on who owns or is responsible for the car park

Frogs Platinum 9 Reviews

I'm staying at the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge and I get points for my parking.  I'll have to pay more attention to other locations to see if I get credit for my parking expenses.  Good thread!

Happy Travels!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...