2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2015 5:36 PM by annew20 RSS

Best Marriotts for Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

jlsmith Platinum 14 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

Can you advise on the best hotels for Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and any other tips you can give about how to enjoy the experience -- this will be a family vacation with little ones. I'm just starting my search, so I'd appreciate information about hotels that is along the parade route, whether you think a parade view room is worth the cost, pros/cons, danger zones, things to do, places to eat, etc.  Any information you can give will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
New York City, New York, USA
  • Re: Best Marriotts for Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
    fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

You're going to have a wonderful experience, as most likely, the city will have been decorated for Christmas by this time. I've stayed at several Marriott's in NYC, but favor the one on Lexington & 49th. It's only a few blocks from 5th Avenue, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, reasonably priced,  etc.

The city is safe, in my opinion, even riding on the subway south to the Village and Ground Zero, but there are always incidents that you can't predict. The hotel concierge can advise on particular restaurant cuisines. You can't really go wrong with most restaurants in Midtown.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Best Marriotts for Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
    annew20 Gold

We stayed at the Marriott Marquis in Times Square which was within walking distance to the parade.  That worked out great so you don't have to get up early & find parking.  The parade route was just a couple blocks away so it was easy to walk over & find a spot.  However, the Marquis was a category 8 when we stayed, & now it has increased to a cat 9, so more points are needed, if using points.  The Marquis was all decorated for the holidays & put you in that holiday spirit.  It is a convenient location to shopping, restaurants, Union Station, Rockefeller Center, Radio City, etc.  It's very crowded so just hold on to your little ones!   Go online & find the 2015 parade route to make sure that the hotel you pick is close & convenient.  Things to do:  we saw the Rockettes, bike riding in Central Park, Empire State Bldg, Ground Zero, ferry to Statue of Liberty.  Lombardi's Pizza & Shake Shack are great family-friendly restaurants.  At that time of year, bring a lightweight down coat, scarf, gloves. Have a great trip!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...