7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2015 4:53 PM by Sledchick RSS

New Attractions for 2015

sg1974 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

List of new attractions opening this year.

Any plans to visit these attractions?

The world's best new attractions in 2015 - Telegraph

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, England
  • Re: New Attractions for 2015
    pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

The Grand Egyptian Museum looks and sounds amazing, and there's just an active conversation going on right now regarding Egypt, too.

I have been waiting for the Louvre Abu Dhabi as well as the Guggenheim to open there.  I never thought I would return to the UAE, but recently I've begun to re-think that, especially not having visited the observation deck at Burj Khalifa or Al Ain.

Speaking of observation decks, I'd say One World Trade Center is a must see/do, and I had no idea that they were building a High Line type park in Sydney.  I loved the one in NYC The High Line

I'll unfortunately have to pass on Camino del Rey.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

I neglected to mention that I am surprised that the Paris Philharmonic's new digs (en La Villette Quartier, 19th Arr.) did not receive a mention In the article.  I am very eager to experience this new venue to ascertain sound quality (as well as the modern aesthetics.)

arkwright Platinum 2 Reviews

Dear Pluto,

During the past week, I've noted two reviews of Paris' new concert facilities which, if confirmed, make very encouraging reading. (Stupidly, I forgot to note the details of the reviews - but they must have been in the likes of the (London) Times or Financial Times).

Particular reference was made to (a) the overall aesthetic of the complex and (b) the quality of the sound acoustic.

One assessment was that this venue will knock its London equivalents into the proverbial "cocked hat". South Bank/Barbican: take note!

Best,

A

Dear A,

Yes, a number of other publications affirm the encouraging reviews referenced in your post.  Even so, you likely also read that the architect had snubbed the opening because it had not been "properly acoustically tested," (I read it in the LA Times as well as The Guardian), even writing a column regarding the subject in Le Monde.

Alas, I shall have the opportunity to explore the question in the first person, having just purchased tickets for a performance at La Philharmonie de Paris in March!  I was hoping for an evening in attendance to the philharmonic orchestra along with Maxim Vengerov performing Berlioz and Tchaikovsky under the direction of Myung-Whun Chung, but as that is sold out, I am fated to "settle" for a evening with Yundi performing Chopin.    I am so looking forward to the evening!

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

WOW the Egyptian museum looks amazing! I have a new bucket list item....

Sledchick Platinum 9 Reviews

Just saw this thread -- I wish the One World Observatory was open tomorrow as I'd stop on my way driving through!  I'll have to plan to visit there in April instead.  All these sites look so interesting; thanks for posting the link!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...