5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2015 10:54 AM by jerryl RSS

Marriott E-Breaks (MEB) Rate at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington, VA

marcell Gold
Currently Being Moderated

One month ago today, I book a reservation for the Crystal Gateway Marriott for a couple days this week on Thursday through Saturday (January 15-17, 2015).

The regular rate for this stay was $129.00/night which is not bad.

I booked the AAA rate which brought it down to $111.00/night.

However, per the Marriott E-Breaks (MEB) rate that became available today (for the week), the rate dropped to $83/night which I booked....a savings of $46.00 per night!

(They also have a rate of MEB Rate of $93.00 with breakfast).

Just noticed online, if you were to stay here for 2 nights on January 16-18, 2015 (Friday to Sunday), the MEB rate would be $95.00 per night!

A reminder to check your emails for the MEB listings.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott E-Breaks (MEB) Rate at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington, VA
    jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

wow they must be empty as usually it is around 300 per night sometimes more

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott E-Breaks (MEB) Rate at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington, VA
      marcell Gold

Maybe....however, usually stays involving a Friday night tend to be lower because of the weekend effect. The $300+ range usually represents the rate during the week. If the price is that high on a weekend, it may be due to mulitple conferences or gatherings at the hotel.

Usually, the rate for a weekend is $109.00 to $139.00 for a weekend night involving a stay with a Thursday through Sunday combination.

For it to be as low as $83.00, it must have had something to do with it being the MLK federal holiday weekend.

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

marcell,

That's great!  Always good to check E-Breaks for upcoming weekend stays.  Enjoy your stay in Crystal City!

marcell Gold

Thanks, I plan to.

Just remembered that this is usually the week that the annual Tattoo Convention is at the hotel. I'm not going there for that, but I have seen some unusual markings on them.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...