10 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2015 11:32 AM by NathalieF RSS

Blogs Photo Albums and The Big Board

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I know this has been discussed before, but blogs and photo albums it appears are still getting lost on the Insiders Big Board.  Today I commented on a photo album Hometown Airport- Charlottesville VA  by vaboywnder and it never climbed back to the top of the board as other threads. 

NathalieF is this issue ever going to change as I thought a few months back we were told they would start to stay on the first page if there was activity?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Blogs Photo Albums and The Big Board
    fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

I agree. I spend hours developing photo sites for "Experiencing England", and shortly after they largely disappeared; therefore, I hesitate on wasting more time in doing so, except for my own enjoyment and a few who have perhaps benefited from my travels there.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

IAHFLYR great question, thanks for asking as I'm sure many are wondering. This type of change takes a lot more time to update than one would expect. Currently, we aim to have this changed by the end of February. 

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

IAHFLYR,

Thanks for posting this as I did not receive an email notification that you made a comment in my Photo Album.

vaboywnder and there is yet another issue for the gang to fix as we don't get any notification to comments.

IAHFLYR vaboywnder and fschumpert - thanks for pointing this out re: the photo albums. This was actually a bug that as of today, has been fixed! You should now receive an alert/email when someone comments on your photo album.

Sweet....thank you again.

Interesting. I just worked on photo album for my hometown, as requested in one of the Insider files, and after loading a number of photos and comments, I received a message that it could not be posted. Even though the comments were retained, none of the photos were published after uploading them during the album creation.

fschumpert Oh no! That's definitely not what's supposed to happen. Can you try uploading one photo and see if you're able to post it? I'm just trying to gauge what's going on, and I don't want you to have to upload the whole thing again if its not going to work.

I created the "hometown photo album", as instructed and then followed instructions for "adding photos". I uploaded each photo in appropriate box, then added comments. When I published the album, I received an error notice that none of the photos had actually been uploaded, even though they were individually acknowledged in the browse box.

Another problem I've noticed is that it's, for some reason, impossible to refer to an earlier album post, copy the URL address of the album, and then post it to someone else's message as a reference. This has just recently changed from earlier references I've been able to make from the site.

Thanks fschumpert. I'm hoping that the error you saw after you published your photo album was a one-time glitch. As a test, I created a photo album just now and was able to add photos without a problem. I'm sorry you spent a lot of time uploading the images and commenting only to see the error. Maybe try publishing a few at a time so if the work is lost it will only be a few? Again, I'm hopeful it was a one-time glitch.

Can you explain a little more about the issue you are seeing when referencing an earlier photo album? When did you first notice this? Is it only with photo albums?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...