2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2015 1:02 PM by tommo781 RSS

Not Receiving Proper Marriott Points

cyearns Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

I've recently starting searching for the best rewards offer and base my hotel choice based on what promotions are running.  These promotions are often extra Marriott Rewards Points, ranging from 1000 to 3000 extra points per stay.  I use these points to pay for my families vacation to help compensate them for my time away from home while traveling for work.

However, I've had two stays in the last two months where these extra rewards points were not posted.  A 30 minute call to to Marriott has gotten it resolved each time, but I shouldn't have to baby sit the system to ensure I get all my points.  I've now spent an hour of my time trying to resolve the missing points, in addition to having to track all the promotions I've registered for in a spreadsheet to ensure I get what I pay for.  I felt since this was the second time (and quite possibly not the last time) that Marriott could have granted a minor goodwill adjustment for the inconvenience. I also typically get charged a slightly higher rate for these extra points.  However, I was flat out denied when I made that request. 

It's obvious that the rep I was talking to didn't value my time as I did.  So my question is, should I be entitled to some goodwill adjustment for having to babysit my promotion status?  

I am currently a very loyal Marriott customer with Platinum Elite status and use my Marriott Rewards card for every stay.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
La Vista, Nebraska, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Omaha LaVista
  • Re: Not Receiving Proper Marriott Points
    ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

You are absolutely right that you should not only be receiving those bonus points but that they should be credited to you on a timely basis. I have only taken advantage of that type of offer a couple times and they were posted to my account with no issue. I would normally ask if your rewards number was part of your reservation but since you clearly state that it was, they that isn't the issue. I agree it would be nice to be granted some type of point compensation for your trouble in having to contact them more than once about the same type of issue. My only advice is to keep contacting them, and when denied compensation ask to speak with a supervisor. Not only will that help with possibly receiving compensation but the escalation of the problem just might get it looked at and corrected. Keep up the good fight.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Not Receiving Proper Marriott Points
    tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

Sadly the threads on this forum are littered with instances of bonus points not being awarded and having to be chased.  I agree with you, we shouldn't have to spend time getting this problem corrected.  But the reality is that we do.  I just wish Marriott would listen us MRIs and recognise the problem.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...