2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2015 8:22 PM by lindseyh RSS

Hotel Prices Lower (LNF)

ndn Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

It keeps happening to me that I book a room at some rate via Marriott.com. Then  I have to keep checking back to see whether the rate drops--because it keeps dropping, meaning i no longer have the best rate. I then update and get the lowest rate. Is there a way that I can just have it automatically update to the lower rate? It seems silly that I have to constantly check all of my reservations every couple days to see whether the prices are now lower for the same room I had already booked.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hotel Prices Lower (LNF)
    skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

ndn, my understanding of LNF is that you book a rate on marriott.com.  If you can find a lower rate on marriott.com or on another website for a "like to like" room (all parameters have to be the same - room type, can not be prepaid, etc etc) WITHIN 24 HOURS, you can submit a LNF request/form to get the lower rate + 25% off.

If you're just referring to a typical book a reservation & then occasionally check back to see if the rate has (hopefully) lowered, that's different than LNF. 

Many people who book reservations periodically check back to see if the rate has lowered, stayed the same or gone higher.  If it's the former, then they normally make a new ressie & after doing so cancel the original one.  If it's the same, they don't do anything.  And if the rate has gone higher they thank their lucky stars they locked in the rate they did with their original reservation.  Rates don't always go lower.  And the answer is, there is no automated method.  Just the check periodically to see how the rates have gone.

Cheers.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hotel Prices Lower (LNF)
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi ndn! Merb and team looked into your questions, and we were told that rates, as you've mentioned, can change leading up to your arrival date, but Marriott does not automatically change the rate of your reservation as sometimes the rates can be higher. Therefore, they won't modify your reservation without your consent. Hope this helps clear your questions up. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...