21 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2015 9:20 PM by alwweb RSS

Annual Nights Count Reset?

alwweb Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

When do the nights stayed counts reset?  I thought it was at the start of the annual year (ie Jan 1), but my night count still reflects all of my paid stays for 2014.

Is there something wrong with the website currently, or did I miss something?  Believe me, if I get to keep my nights for an extra year, I'm not complaining.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Annual Nights Count Reset?
    tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

No, mine haven't reset yet.  Fear not, they will eventually - they always do.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Because hotel stays take time to hit accounts there is usually a 2-week delay before the numbers fully reset.

When they do any stays made during that first 2weeks of 2015 will accurately be recorded in your new counter, which if your'e like me is none. I have my first hotel trip of the year tonight to Marriott Copenhagen.

So, don't worry, your counter will show nil soon enough!

Thank you both.  My first stay of the year starts Sunday night.  I definitely have not minded the 3 weeks at home.

And to return to regular programming folks. My nights counter has now fully reset, I am now on nil nights stayed this year

I asked for it, I got it.  I had a ton of rollover nights, so I'm not back to 0, BUT, my math isn't even coming close to working.

I had 142 nights, you only need 75 to reach Platinum, so I thought I would have 67 rollover nights, but I only have 32 nights. Any ideas anyone?    

sod123 Platinum

Were any of your 142 rollover from 2013 because those go away too.  Personally think they should count those towards the 75 before they go away so you get some benefit from rollover even if you hit 75 without the rollover but not apparently how it works. 

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

ideas I have are roll over nights from previous year or have you been making those levels for a few years in a row?  Maybe you are selected for Plat Prem. and just havent had the update on status yet?

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

so I went back and looked

I had 221 nights last year, plat prem, and I rolled 93 this year.  Not sure how many roll over nights I had but could have sworn in years past as plat prem, the math worked out to something like the excess over 100 nights rolled over.  Maybe some folks that keep better track will chime in to add some clarity for us

Each year you have to stay 75 nights to retain Platinum, but rollovers can give step in if you're short.

For the mega stayers here rollovers mean nothing, except that any nights actually stayed or credited through card activity (in excess of 75 in any year) credit twice for lifetime purposes which can be very helpful to those that stay lots of night at cheap places.

In 2012 I stayed 100 nights, this was 25 over and above plat so 25 rolled over. In 2012 I stayed only 52 nights and without the rollover would have dropped to Gold, instead I retained plat as the addition of the rollover nights got me past the 75 night threshold. Note my counter said 77 nights including my 25 rollovers from 2011, but as they don't contribute to a second years rollover calculation, I was back at nil.

Therefore the easiest way way to understand rollovers is that they only contribute to requalification, never to rollovers. If you're short of nights for status they kick in, if you make the stays for status, then they're meaningless.

Like bejacob, ive found rollovers have helped me to retain Plat, where otherwise I would have lost it...

OK, so I'm guessing that I must have had around 35 rollover nights last year too then and they got eliminated.  That kind of makes sense I guess.

Do you know if the Credit Card bonus nights that you get on your annual renewal rollover or if they are part of what get eliminated?

Thanks for all the help.  How long have you been playing the game that you know so much about all of this?

7 Platinum 1 Reviews

Did the credit card bonus change (for Chase Premiere Marriott card)? My account only shows 1 night for "Rewards Credit Card" but I thought for sure it was supposed to be more than that.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Typically the credit card nights show up on or around the anniversary date of when you signed up for the card. Mine falls in February (or maybe March) so my accounts shows only 1 credit card night as well. When I reach my anniversary date, it will jump up by the 15 nights I'm used to seeing. Admittedly, it looks strange right now.

tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

Yes, mine now shows the correct rollover nights and the credit card nights will get adjusted in due course.

jl3549 Platinum

Mine is the same, I believe the 1 night is for the $3000 spending,

That really confused me my first year with the credit card, but it is kind of nice to see those nights appear all of a sudden in March or April (I can never remember when my anniversary is.)  It would be a real bummer if you opened your credit card in November or December.  You would have to wait all year to get that boost.

7 Platinum 1 Reviews

I guess it makes sense that they don't give you the bonus nights until you pay the annual fee for the year.

Is there a difference between Platinum Premium and the Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite Status?

If so, how do you get Plat Premium?

travfood Platinum

I have not seen a difference between the 2; some hotel folks either don't the difference or can't read the difference.  You have it pass 100 nights to become Plat Prem.  I have had it for 2 years and have stayed at Cat1 - 6 hotels and there doesn't appear to be upgraded benefits

I had 142 nights last year, but I was still just plain boring platinum, so maybe there is a points or dollar total required as well.  I usually stay at the less expensive hotels, so for the Elite lifetime status, I have enough nights for Gold Elite, but not even enough points for Platinum Elite.

Plat Premier is an invite only membership tier reserved for the top 3% of Plats. Of course, what actually constitutes the definition of top 3% is the question, Nights? Rate? Brands? Spend? Are meetings included, does the credit card and use of Marriott associated businesses/offers contribute to the formula? Only Marriott knows and it's not telling

If you're a plat who's promoted to premium, you'll be told. The benefits are however sparse, access to a special telephone line and some kind of annual gift, like a mobile charger. It's real value is on the way -some- hotels treat premiers, for instance the Renaissance St Pancras routinely upgrades Plat premiers to their amazing historic "Chambers" rooms, a very valuable and lovely upgrade that cost me as a mere plat £100 to upgrade to, and well worth it too!

Thanks.  I have one location where I visit where they give me my preferred room, unless their platinum preferred member is coming and wants that room.  Ha ha.  Now I know.

I've had some amazing room upgrades at a JW Marriott and some others even as a normal platinum.   It is kind of fun.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...