11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2015 1:15 PM by carat RSS

United/Marriott Rewards MegaMiles

travelbug100 Gold 10 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi, is anyone else having trouble registering for this promotion ("Earn up to 50,000 miles with Marriott Rewards® MegaMiles")? I get an error message when trying to register that it has expired (even though it came out today).

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: United/Marriott Rewards MegaMiles
    ndn Platinum

Are you a points earner or a miles earner? Only the latter can register.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

travelbug100 Gold 10 Reviews

Both actually (meaning points with Marriott, Miles with United)

ndn Platinum

How is that possible. The option is a radio button.     They are mutually exclusive. I will ask more specifically:

Are you a points or miles earner with Marriott?

seoul Platinum

How do I get the Matched United Airlines Gold status with my Marriott Platinum?

Any help is appreciated!

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Welcome to Insiders, Seoul!  As you may have seen already, this is a great place to talk about all things travel. From recommendations and experiences to getting the most out of the Rewards Program.  We cover it all.  I'm carat and along with lindseyh and deannad, we moderate this forum.  If you ever have any questions, please feel free to reach out to any of us, we're here to help.   

In regards to your post, I'd like to take a look into this.  Can you send me a private message with your Rewards Number?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

ndn Platinum

You don't get matched UA Gold from MR Platinum

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

You only get United Silver Premier with MR Platinum.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hello again, Seoul.  I was able to find out the following.  Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

All Platinum Elite Marriott Rewards members are eligible to receive MileagePlus Premier Silver Status with United Airlines.  This complimentary Premier Silver Status would be valid through December 31, 2015.  Marriott Rewards Platinum members must access the website from the email message they receive in order to be upgraded. If you did not receive an e-mail, you may register through the following internet link:

http://www.marriottrewards.com/rewardsplus

If the information on your Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus accounts match, you will receive MileagePlus Premier Silver status within 20 days.  Please note, your United Airlines MileagePlus frequent flyer account number must be listed on your Marriott Rewards account profile in order for the upgrade to be processed. 

ndn Platinum

Well then. I see you edited it after I asked my question. You are a points earner with Marriott and therefore cannot participate in MegaMiles.

Platinum 28 Reviews

Platinum Premiers, I believe, were the only MR members to receive UA Gold.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I just found out my wife has been given MR Gold again based upon the United deal and she was a Gold on UA to start......really weird, but she will happily take that nugget.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...