1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 13, 2015 11:50 PM by vaboywnder RSS

Keeping Platinum Status for 2015

thecamel Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I've been Platinum Elite for the last two years, but unfortunately I fell short of the 75 nights in 2014 so I thought I'd lost it for this year.

However, I just logged into my account for the first time since January 1st and I got this message on my account overview

"Congratulations! Your Platinum Elite status has been renewed."

I thought status's got renewed about a month into the new year, is that incorrect?

Is this message left over from renewing in 2013?

I heard somewhere you can use points to renew your staus, is that correct? Where can I do this?

Sorry for so many questions!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Camel

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Keeping Platinum Status for 2015
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

thecarmel,

It's not uncommon for Marriott to renew Elite members who sometimes fall short of meeting the required nights for Platinum/Gold renewal.  Renewals usually happen in the month of January. Since you saw the message that you have been renewed you are good to go!

Congratulations!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...