6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2015 12:04 PM by red-in-la RSS

Email and Music .... LOUD music

red-in-la Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

So I'm on the phone doing work and checking my new emails and a new Marriott email comes through.  You know the kind, completely useless but keeping someone in the advertising department employed.

WHAMMMMMMM ------- assault by trumpets and bugles and no instantaneous way of turning it off except F10 on my keyboard.  I even had to apologize to the person on the other end of the phone about the "noise"

We'd be doing great if the coffee at the Courtyard was as free as this stupid thing was loud!

They certainly got my "Start 2015 with MegaBonus" email deleted before it was even read.

Are they Nuts????

red-in-la

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Email and Music .... LOUD music
    ramoneur Platinum

...and I thought websites/emails with automatically starting music were last seen in 1996 ;-)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

It can't be cured, there is always something to make you wonder why does this type of stuff happen over and over? 

My speakers are always OFF unless I want to listen to something so this isn't an issue for me, but completely understand how rude.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

agree and I also keep my speakers off

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

LLike all others, I too keep my speakers off. Terrible that these spam-noise emails force us, their loyal customers to live a life of silence online... As you rightly point out, sack the nob that designed the email and spend his ill earned salary on coffee for the Courtyard reception! Even though I don't stay at CY I reckon it's a good outcome. For those staying at CY it'd be a win-win!

CariJ Marriott Associate Member

Thanks for sharing this with us, red-in-la. This is not the first time we've hear this feedback before on those emails. I will be passing this on to our team.

red-in-la Platinum 1 Reviews

The advertising "team" / department is back at it.  The artzie-smarzie department is teaming up with the audio department in their latest emails. They must have a short memory or didn't pay attention to you CariJ.

Got the latest email from Marriott and all of a sudden the muzack starts from somewhere off screen.  What's with those folks?  Can't they just send out a normal email that I don't delete as soon as I hear music?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...