12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2015 3:16 PM by skiadcock RSS

Customer Care Useless-Any help?

boatpi Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Many Marriott hotels offer a 20% discount if booked 60 days in advance.  This is the case with the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas.  I went to book 60+ days out and was denied as the Marriott software set the 60 days as 2 months, NOT 60 days.  So I call CC to have this web design flaw corrected.

1. They are unaware of ANY 20% discount, keep going back and forth between a supervisor and agent for 30 minutes.  Really?  In the end they cannot figure it out, though luck.  They appear unwilling to even go to their own Marriott website to confirm by findings.... Really.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Customer Care Useless-Any help?
    skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

I've not heard of a Marriott policy that ressies booked 60 days in advance get a 20% discount, and I've been staying with Marriott for many, many years.

Cosmo in Vegas might have something like that (although I've not heard of that either).  But if it does, I'd recommend contacting the Cosmo to book directly.

Cheers.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Thanks but I did FU with the Cosmo directly.  They said they are now "booked  up" on that promo for those days (3-7/8-2015).  And that is BS because anyone can go to the M website and enter 3-8 as a starting date and see the 20% discount.  Yhis prove my point that the software is set to make this rate vanish 2 months out to the day as oppose to 60 days out.  It is 58 days out now (Feb is s short month).  A matter or principle as oppose to huge $$.

I'm logged in as a Platinum & don't see a 20% discount for rates 3/7-8, but do see it for 3/9-10 so not sure your 2 months vs 60 days is accurate.  Sounds like you just missed the 60 day window.

Cheers.

cosmo.JPGAs you can see enter a date 2 months out and the  20% discount appears in the standard rate box.

I entered a date 60 days out & see the discount, but not prior to 60 days.  It seems like you just missed the window.  For example, even if I count today & count your arrival day of March 7th, that's 59 days.  24 days left this month (including today) + 28 days in Feb + 7 days in March gets you to 59 days.

Cheers.

January remaining 23 days

February, 28 days

March, 6 days

Total 57

So even by your numbers you missed the 60 day window it sounds like.

Cheers.

I contacted the hotel as suggested and got this resolved.  Thanks to all!

There was a previous reservation that made this somewhat confusing add to that apparently no one at Marriott is aware that this hotel and other offer this discount.

ndn Platinum

Is it a platinum-only discount?    

I thought you said you contacted the Cosmo directly before & they said the promo wasn't available? (confused)

Cheers.

No, it is offered to anyone and is offered at other hotels at times.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...