2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2015 9:15 PM by lindseyh RSS

ordering new e-certificates

stjames Silver
Currently Being Moderated

What does it mean when you go to book a reservation and use your points when it says order new e-certificates

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: ordering new e-certificates
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi stjames, and welcome to Marriott Rewards Insiders! I'm very excited to welcome you to our community, and am glad to see that you've already jumped in with a great post. As you've done here, this forum is a great place to ask questions, share experiences, ideas, and insights on the Rewards program. This is also a place where well-versed travelers share their stories and provide awesome insight into travel. You'll find that they are extremely helpful and always willing to share their thoughts! you can also always reach out to myself, The specified item was not found., KatieC or NathalieF with any questions or comments you have. We make up the moderation team for this site and and are always happy to help

I encourage you to check out the Getting Started Guide for useful tips as you get familiar with the site.

You ask a great question, and I'm going to look into clarification around this. I'll be back in touch with some more info. Thanks for posting!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: ordering new e-certificates
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hey stjames, here's some info I hope will clear things up.

E-certificates are ordered, with points, for hotel stays. If a hotel requires 20,000 points for a free night, an e-certificate for 20,000 points will be ordered and sent to the hotel for the reservation.

When trying to make a reservation, the system may have asked you if you wanted to order an e-certificate, as you do not have to order the e-cert at the time the reservation is made. Some people want to make reservations for a future stay and don't have enough points in their account presently, but will in the future. So you can make reservation and so "no"" to ordering the e-cert. The reservation will still be a points redemption reservation and you can make sure the e-cert is ordered once you do have enough points.

Hope that all helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...