27 Replies Latest reply: Jan 4, 2016 8:54 AM by surfwood RSS

2015 Platinum Premier Status - How to find out early?

hitnrn Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Greetings,

I found today that if you have the Marriott mobile app for iOS, you can tap your membership card and the reverse displays. Mine now states "Your Platinum Premier Elite Benefits..." rather than the front of the card, which displays my status as merely Platinum. (Also, not sure if the phone number to contact customer service is usually that for regular Plat Elites, or if the phone number gives it away also).

Those with the app on iOS 8 and who are plat elites, would you post your findings below?  I'd like to see if this is an unpublished way of checking if you have earned/been renewed for Platinum Premier Elite status, before officially being notified by Marriott. Thanks!

Platinum Premier.png

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 2015 Platinum Premier Status - How to find out early?
    maddashin Gold 1 Reviews

This has been on the app for awhile now.  I have an iPhone and I do not use ios8.  I am on an older version.

So, everyone just has to find it.  Easy to find after a while.  Just learn the navigation.

Marriott's board is not the easiest to navigate.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Hmmmm, is this an interesting post, but I'm sceptical.

My mobile card displays the same as yours, hitnrn, namely that I'm Plat Premier, but I was a plat last year and I can't see Marriott deciding the new PPs on the first working day of the new year, yet my mobile card also posts me as a plat premier, which I just can't imagine. Although I do have 120 nights credited, 30 are from cheap meetings and 10 from the free credit card, it seems really unlikely that I'm one of the top 3% of plats!

I live in hope, however

hitnrn Platinum 2 Reviews

All great comments. I guess what I am asking (and forgive me for not being clear) is:

Does anyone else who is Platinum Elite for 2014 see the same message (red box, below right) when they use the mobile app for iOS8?

plateliteyest.png

Also, today I see this. Is this common?

Thank you!!

Today.png

taxrunner Platinum 2 Reviews

I have an Android, and was Platinum Elite for 2014 (which I've been since 1996) and no I don't see what your screen shots above are showing.

My phone shows the Card with a "back" button in the upper left corner.  When I click on that, instead of showing the back of the card it sends me back to the main menu.  But then again, the back button could be programmed to "go back" one level vs. showing the back of the card.

Jsucool76 Gold

On android you would go to your card, and then underneath it click "More card details" or something to that affect

See screenshot (though yours will say platinum, not gold. )

Screenshot_2015-01-04-20-14-40.png

I agree, hitnrn the questions are:

1. Do any 2014 Plats (not PPs) see the Plat Premier message on the iPhone Marriott app? If all see it, then it's a snafu, if very few do, then you could have discovered an unintentional early announcement.

2. Do any 2014 PPs (not Plats) see a Plat elite message, again indicating an early announcement, in this case of the bust...

christianas Platinum 2 Reviews

I was Plat 2014 (not Plat Premier) and am Plat in 2015 as well.  I have an Android phone.

When I click on the "More about your mobile card" in the app, I DO NOT SEE "You Platinum Premier Elite benefits..."  It merely says "Your Platinum Elite benefits..."

c2tex Platinum 3 Reviews

I had 255 nights in 2014 and I see "Your Platinum Premier Elite Benefits" on the app.  Not sure what it means, if anything.  Thanks

7 Platinum 1 Reviews

I was Platinum Elite for 2014, presumably losing it in 2015, and get the same "Platinum Premiere Elite benefits" as your screenshots show.

jorgeeantonio Platinum

Hi hitnrn,

Almost 1 year after your post.

I'm platinum elite and on my iPhone today appeared the same message you got on Jan 2015. Could you tell me what happened with you since then? Were you upgraded to PP?

Ty

travelinvix Platinum

I was 2014 Platinum (not PP) and I see the same Plat Premier message on the Marriott app. With 114 nights last year - 91 stayed nights and 23 from the credit card, I doubt I'm actually PP for 2015.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

I made Plat for the first time in 2014.  I just checked my account on the Marriott app on my iPhone, and I also see the "Your Platinum Premier Elite Benefits."  No way I'm PP. 

Yeah, me likewise. It seems it's only the iPhone app, but if you're a plat, the card details on iPhone incorrectly indicate plat premier. Not so disappointing mind as PP seems a bit of an empty vessel...

rodrigst Platinum 5 Reviews

I also see the Platinum Premier Elite Benefits on the "more about your mobile card" link.  I had 160 nights credited - mostly from rollover and credit card.

jasonw3 Platinum

I signed into Marriott.com this morning and saw "Platinum Premier" next to My Account.  Looks like it has been updated.

taxrunner Platinum 2 Reviews

The 2014 Rollover has not yet been updated on my Account.  It is still showing "0" for 2014 Rollover nights.

Platinum 28 Reviews

Just started new post based on what you said - no notification just saw (accidentally) that I have been made PP.

The big difference is that I know (I'm special) that with my new status and only $5 in cash I will be presented by a $4 cup of Starbucks at most hotels.

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

I think I'll be able to prove that nights have little or nothing to do with it. It has to be $. And I say that because 2014 I had slightly over 200 nights and 2013 just under 200 nights. No PP.

Why? Most of the nights were at MEA.

Platinum 28 Reviews

I've come to the conclusion that the bestowing of the meaningless title of "Premiere" is random.

Marriott must have programmed into their system a request for 2-4% of Platinum members to be "Premiere" - Obviously "nights" are not a criteria - probably longevity and/or length of time that a member is continuously Platinum.

The "bottom line" to all Platinum members is:  Don't be upset if you are not chosen - the title is meaningless!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...