6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2015 11:45 AM by skiadcock RSS

Hotel Stays for Conference

superchief1 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I just reserved a hotel room at the JW in Austin for an upcoming conference. I booked it using the conference site and received a confirmation, but the reservation doesn't show up in my profile and I was unable to access it using the confirmation number I was given. I attended the same conference last year and stayed at the Gaylord in Orlando using the conference rate. That reservation showed up in my profile, and I received the Platinum benefits and points for my stay. Has Marriott changed their policy regarding conference hotel stays? Will I receive my platinum benefits and points for this stay? I am paying for it myself and can cancel up to 48 hr in advance. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hotel Stays for Conference
    ndn Platinum

Your information may not be properly attached. This happened to me before when either (a) the e-mail address that was used to book me was not the same as for my rewards account (or did not exist), or (b) the rewards number did not get attached to the reservation. Call the hotel with you confirmation number and have the rewards number attached.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

superchief1 Platinum

All of my information was correct and I received a confirmation email that appears to be from the hotel. However, the confirmation number is different than any I have previously received: #43FDhWW4 (Note: I changed some of the letters/numbers). I entered my MR # on the reservation form, but it wasn't included on my confirmation email.

ndn Platinum

You need to call the hotel and make sure that your rewards number is on the reservation.

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

Did you provide your MR# to the booking agency for the conference?  I attend an annual convention in Amsterdam & book through the convention booking bureau.  I get a different confirmation # than the normal regular Marriott one, but about 2 weeks before the convention starts the booking bureau transfers all the reservations over to the property & at that point the reservation shows up in my account.  So it might be as simple as the booking agency hasn't transferred all the info over to the property yet.

Worst case just call the property & give them your current confirmation # & your MR # & ask them to add your MR# to the reservation.

Cheers.

superchief1 Platinum

Thanks for the information. I will watch for it to show up and will call the hotel if I don't see it in a few weeks. I'm not sure whether the booking was through a conference organization or directly with the hotel. I was transferred from the conference website to a hotel reservation site, and my confirmation email appears to be the hotel. I definitely provided my MR # on the reservation. This is also a new hotel and may not have everthing up and running at this time.

Did you received Platinum benefits and points for your stay? I was concerned that Marriott may have changed their policy regarding conference associated hotel stays. My experience with Marriott and other chains is that I always receive points as long as the room is not direct billed to the conference/ business meeting.

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

I have always received points/night credit & bennies when staying for a convention/conference, even if the booking had to go through the conference organizer/bureau. 

Marriott literally has thousands of conferences/conventions held at or near their properties worldwide each year.  If they took away nights/points credit for stayed booked through legit channels, there'd be a pretty big uprising by Marriott Rewards members.

Whenever I've booked through a conference organizer/bureau, I made sure my email & Marriott Rewards # was provided so it would be in the reservation.  If you don't see it in your Marriott account 2 weeks out, contact the property directly & get them to add your info.

Cheers.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...