7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2015 7:23 PM by lindseyh RSS

Shortchanged points at Ren 57 NYC

ninabrackeen Platinum 23 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I stayed at the Ren 57 in NYC for 3 nights Dec 19-22. The bill was $892.33 I just checked my points and was shocked to see I only received 193 base points and 97 elite points. Can anyone explain this? Has it happened to anyone else?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Shortchanged points at Ren 57 NYC
    tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

I have had a similar problem, but at a hotel in the UK.  I found that Marriott customer care quickly sorted out the problem for me.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

sg1974 Gold

Sounds like you might have only received points for incidental spend so far.

It has happened to me before, and as Tommo said contact customer services and they will rectify straight away.

skiadcock Platinum 4 Reviews

Well hopefully straight away.  I was shortchanged 30,000 points on a stay & it's a YEAR later & I'm still trying to get the points.  Have faxed in the folio multiple times, asked for help on Insiders & still sucking wind.  I just wanted the original correct points.  Now I'm starting to think after so many attempts I should get some on top of the missing points to make up for the hassle.

On a dif note, brightlybob does point out that prepaid reservations can goof up the system.  I know someone who it took 2 months to get credited the points for his prepaid reservation.  Because he didn't do any incidental spend it didn't trigger a folio.

Cheers.

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

As per Tommo781 and sg1974 you've just suffered a point shorting.

I find it a common event, occurring at least 2 or 3 times each year. Usually it occurs with advance paid reservations, where the hotel only awards points on the incidental spend. In any event, call the Marriott Rewards line with a copy of your folio and they will sort it out, typically that day

ninabrackeen Platinum 23 Reviews

I called Marriott platinum desk and they corrected it on the spot while I was on the phone.

tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

I thought Marriott would sort it out straight away.  A good result for you.  Thanks for letting us know.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi ninabrackeen! So glad to hear that this was taken care of! Feel free to reach out to myself or the other moderators if you ever experience something like this again. We're happy to help get you connected with the right people and have issues like this figured out!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...